Salary: £27,000pa – £30,000pa + great benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Hospitality and Events Manager to join our Heritage Portfolio Team, who are part of the Sodexo Family, based at Dundas Castle, one of Scotland’s most beautiful and historic castles near Edinburgh.
Our prestigious client base knows they can trust us to deliver a turnkey service from start to finish, and our reputation for professionalism, innovation and sheer artistry means we have won a plethora of awards.
Our talented team of hospitality specialists manage the full events calendar for Dundas and this role will support this operation ensuring it is delivered to an exceptionally high standard.
This is a truly exceptional role, working in an amazing venue, delivering first class events throughout the year.
At Heritage Portfolio our people not only look after our customers and clients, they are the heart and soul of our business. Renowned for being a cut above the rest, we would love for you to join the team.
- Ensure all event planning, operational and kitchen service delivery functions for events are in place using the resources available from the Account Director
- Manage all quality control measures, Health & Safety and Hygiene systems to the desired standard of Heritage Portfolio
- To understand and articulate service offers to venue clients, customers and the Heritage Portfolio team
- Meet with team members to assist in creating new offers, give support at trade shows and Fam trips to the benefit of Heritage Portfolio
- To lead innovation and service styles that drives positive PR, positive client feedback, increased revenues or win new business
- To play an active part within the wider events team – contribute to team activities, discussions and decisions to grow and improve the Heritage Portfolio business
- To articulate the service offers for each event, the food element, the equipment, the flow and the customer experience to improve the Heritage Portfolio business
- To recruit, train and develop team members as appropriate to their job role and growth
- Adhere to all client’s contractual obligations and conduct day to day Heritage Portfolio business in an appropriate manner and within the agreed contractual terms
- Report immediately any incidents or accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unsuitable food offers and take such action as may be appropriate
- Provide yourself as the Heritage Portfolio management point of contact for the venue and venue client and attend venue meetings as required
- On a day-to-day basis assist the team with ensuring areas are ready for site visits as required.
- Ensure all processes with regards to the security aspects of the building, stock, personnel and client’s expectations are reached and maintained pre, during and post events
- Financial awareness and understanding of a food profit and loss account and articulate to line managers
- A passionate interest in the catering industry – knowledge of current trend and interest in the hospitality world
- Demonstrable experience in a high-volume catering environment
- A competent communicator and ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients
- Evidence of being organised and possess excellent planning skills
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Email
- Ability to motivate a team of mixed abilities and personalities
- Experience and understanding of events costing and design of events
- Capability in identifying revenue and maximising opportunities
- Ability to produce accurate work to tight deadlines under pressure
Reference: SDX/TP/ RF7389-3/SL
Location: South Queensferry, Scotland