As a Housing Options Officer, you will provide housing advice to people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. You will make a difference by often supporting the most vulnerable people in society helping them to sustain their existing home or find new accommodation.
What will you be doing?
- Working with households who are homeless, or threatened with homelessness you will offer advice and assistance to resolve their housing situation. This will often include complex situations involving a household’s tenure rights, or multiple health and welfare issues.
- You will also assess which statutory duties owed to households, developing a personal housing plan and issuing decisions around any on-going duties.
- On a regular basis, you will establish eligibility for the council’s various homelessness prevention schemes.
- You will work with individuals and families to determine the support they may require and refer to relevant support services. You may also be required to co-ordinate a multi-agency response and attend safeguarding meetings.
- It will be your responsibility to maintain contact with households to develop creative solutions to resolve their housing situation.