Salary: £31,416 per annum, rising to £32,004 per annum after 1 year and successful probation
Job Title: Housing Services Officer
Reporting to: Head of Housing Services
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Interview Date: Week Commencing 1st May 2023
About the Service/Department
The Housing Services Officer is an integral part of Hestia’s Services Department. This department offers support to our projects all over the London and surrounds areas. Working alongside the Head of Housing Services and with line management for Housing Management Officers. They will offer support to the department with county court administration, income collection and complying with the policies and procedures and Housing Act regulations that we have to comply with.
About the role
- Provide administrative support for the Housing Services Department with Legal and rental income tasks
- Support the Head of Housing Services with project management
- Communicate with the project-based staff about any Housing benefit or service user payment discrepancies
- Review and manage the rent data systems to ensure that service users rent/charges collection is received and allocated correctly
- Carry out meetings with project managers reviewing rent accounts/revenue benefit mater
- Finance/rent income management
- Understanding of line management for staff
- A strong sense of accountability
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Numerate with the ability to analyse and present financial data to a range of audiences
- Strong IT skills / Excel / Outlook / Word
- Ability to achieve objective through working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work sensitively with service users
- Knowledge and understanding of mental heath, issues faced by domestic abuse, drug and alcohol dependency and young persons support
- A basic understanding of the housing act.
- Computer literate with the ability to use electronic recording systems to accurately record data
Please see the attached documents for the full job description and more information about Hestia.
What Hestia offers
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per annum plus 8 days public holidays
- Company Pension
- Learning and Development Opportunities (including career progression opportunities across our services and departments, a full 9 month induction providing an understanding of The Hestia Approach and all Hestia’s practices and policies to support your career in Hestia and if applicable, a foundation knowledge to attain a Skills for Care Certificate)
- Hestia Rewards exclusive membership (Hestia Rewards is our staff wellbeing and benefits scheme which provides access to fantastic retail discounts, gym membership discounts, recognise a colleague eCards etc.)
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing support tools including our Employee Assistance Programme, Flexible working (including holiday trading and TOIL) and some roles include Clinical Supervision
- Other benefits such as Eye care vouchers, Travel/Season Ticket Loans and Cycle to work scheme (with up to 40% savings on a new bike).
Hestia supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions. We campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people.
Hestia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people who are potentially at risk, and we therefore expect all staff and volunteers to do the same. We require all staff to undertake internal and external safeguarding training throughout their employment with Hestia.
If offered a role with Hestia, you will be issued a conditional offer based on satisfactory references and an Enhanced disclosure/DBS check.
This job description is subject to change depending on the needs of the service/department.
We recommend that you apply at your earliest convenience as we screen applications as they are received as well as interview and appoint suitable candidates on this basis (regardless of the closing date). We may also contact unsuccessful applicants regarding other suitable opportunities within Hestia.
Hestia is a disability confident employer, committed to the employment and career development of individual with disabilities. As part of this commitment, we operate a guaranteed interview scheme for all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the role they have applied for. We will also accommodate reasonable adjustment during the selection and interview process and throughout your employment with us.
Hestia positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. But we particularly welcome individuals from an ethnic minority background and those with disabilities to apply. As an organisation, we are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and value the skills, abilities, talent and experiences, different people and communities bring to our organisation.
How to apply
Please click apply at the top of the vacancy page to begin your application.