Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. We have just re-launched an exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a customer focused Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our Support Centre teams with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey. If you are passionate about growth, thrive in a fast paced environment and want to deliver real business value through great leadership, now is the time to join Card Factory!
We are now looking for a HR Business Partner for Manufacturing, Distribution and our Supply Chain functions, which are based in West Yorkshire.
This role will be accountable for implementing the people plan including; organisational design, leading change, supporting the development of a talent pipeline, colleague engagement and performance.
- Support the development and delivery of a people plan for these functions aligned to the business strategy;
- Build people management and leadership capability through coaching, to ensure that issues are dealt with proactively;
- Lead reviews of organisational design, and continue to lead the implementation of changes through consultation;
- Deliver tactically focused people initiatives with a clear link to driving business performance;
- Support and be a champion for the function in the implementation of the cyclical people review processes, including performance, reward, talent and succession planning;
- Create and role model a positive performance management culture;
- Provide strategic challenge to those you partner;
- Drive the creation and delivery of colleague engagement plans, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and deliver improvements in engagement, and play a critical role in building an open, customer focused and collaborative culture;
- Contribute to the development, and support with the roll out of, people dashboards, monitoring of HR metrics and analysis of trends. Identify root causes and take proactive remedial action;
- Manage and deploy people projects and change initiatives to deliver positive results;
- Oversee and advise on any settlement situations;
- Support and coach the teams on best practice case management, early conciliation, employment tribunals, policy and employment legislation;
- Manage commercially sensitive complex employee relations cases;
- Providing sound advice around employment law and best practice, ensuring compliance with statutory procedures, keeping up to date with changes to legislation;
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times whilst complying with GDPR;
- Being an advocate for great customer service internal and externally.
- Be an experienced Business Partner, preferably within a manufacturing or distribution environment;
- Have up to date knowledge of employment law;
- Have experience of working within a commercially focused multi-site retail business;
- Be CIPD qualified to level 5 or be working towards accreditation, or have relevant experience working in a business partnering role;
- Have a full UK Driving Licence for travelling between sites;
- Demonstrate the ability to work at pace through a high volume of work, balancing immediate requests; and project work;
- Work on their own initiative autonomously;
- Prioritise and manage their own workload effectively;
- Demonstrate tenacity and resilience;
- Embrace radical candor, challenging directly with compassion;
- Build excellent stakeholder relationships, communicate well at all levels;
- Have strong influencing and leadership skills with the ability to influence, coach, and persuade management;
- Have a drive for developing self-awareness.
Competitive salary and benefits package