Salary: 22000 – 24000
Shift hours: Part Time
- Location: Epsom, Surrey
- Contract length: 12 months
This is an exciting time to be joining Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group. At Prestige Nursing & Care we are leading the care industry to raise standards by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services that ensure people receive the highest quality of care.
We are looking for a dynamic and independent professional with a good understanding or HR or a keen interest in learning, a flexible, enthusiastic and can-do attitude to join our team.
A leading strategic focus for the HR team is to sustainably support the business growth this is an exciting role with plenty of scope to contribute to the success of the business.
We offer a supportive working environment with lots of potential for learning and development and a friendly, agile and flexible working culture.
The role of HR Assistant is to provide the first line response to internal customers within the business on all matters of HR, to take responsibility for the HR system and all data entry and to provide HR admin support to the wider team.
Dimensions: Workforce responsible for circa 280 employed and 2000 carers.
The success of this role will be measured by:
- Processing, verifying and maintaining personnel information and documentation
- Recruitment administration
- Completing the new starter process
- Completing the leaver process
- Issuing contracts and amendments to contracts
- Dealing with line manager an employees’ queries
- Managing the HR inbox
- General administration duties and covering for the receptionist when required
- Working closely with the HRBP’s and wider HR team
- Committed to providing a high-quality service
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
Critical to the success of the role is the ability to work at pace, maintain accurate records, have a readiness to learn about sector.
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Support the Executive Resourcer with administering the process for new employees; sending out appropriate offer letters and new starter paperwork, carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks, i.e. obtaining references and right to work checks
- Collating new starter information
- Entering all information in to the HR system
- Training new starters on the HR system and ensuring they understand how to request holiday, approve timesheets etc
- Monitoring the probation review process ensuring Managers carry out reviews on time and issuing probation outcome letters including extensions and terminations, taking advice from the Head of HR when required
- Ensuring that all pay related instructions and changes are prepared, recorded and the Payroll Manager is informed in time for the monthly payroll run for Head Office and Branch staff, i.e. new starters, leavers, contract amendments and any other benefits
- Arranging for the issue of Contracts of Employment and issue of amendments to contracts ensuring all information is updated on the HR system and records kept in the employee’s personnel files
- Processing employee resignations including sending out acknowledgement letters and updating the HR system
- Reviewing exit interviews and questionnaires and passing on any relevant information to the Head of HR
- Maintaining up to date employment records on all Prestige Nursing Branch and Head Office staff
- Making up new starter files and maintaining employee personnel files
- Archiving employee files and other records when required
- Keeping car and driving records up to date including company car and business use information
- Recording information from the Annual Appraisal Scheme
- Carrying out general administration duties for the HR department, i.e. responding to emails, answering the telephone, devising and sending out standard letters.
- Issuing eye care vouchers and keeping up to date records.
- Administering Benefits and Rewards Scheme
- Administering the Private Medical Insurance scheme
Advice and Guidance
- Provide day to day advice to Managers and Employees, escalating more complex issues to the Head of HR.
- Assist in formal meetings such as disciplinaries or grievances as requested.
- Providing cover for reception at lunch times/other breaks and annual leave or other absences.
- General administration duties.
- Be a champion for internal customer service
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Well organised, responsive and able to work under pressure
- Computer literate in Microsoft – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- A keen interest in HR.
- HR Experience
- CIPD qualification or working towards one
Location: Epsom, England