£50000 – £57000
Insurance Trading Manager
Salary £50,000 – £57,000
FT – 35 hours per week
As one of our Trading Managers, you will play a key part in delivering Saga Services insurance profit and volume growth targets.
In this fast-paced and varied role, you will involve forensically reviewing trading results and trends to understand performance. You’ll be investigating material deviations to plan and identify opportunities to support volume growth and drive P&L performance.
Capitalising on insights, this exciting role will work cross-functionally to manage the existing trading delivery plans, highlight trading risks and identify opportunities to outperform trading metrics. The role will utilise both new and existing MI, customer insight and market trends to continuously test, develop and enhance the trading performance of Saga Services whilst ensuring that we deliver exceptional experiences for our customers.
Reporting to the Head of Trading, you’ll be joining a passionate team who are motivated to drive change across our Insurance business. With exciting products and a unique customer base, this is an opportunity to make an impact.
We offer total flexibility over where you work – you choose a place that you feel most comfortable and productive, either from home or in one of our hubs in London, Ashford or Sandwich.
At Saga, we come together with a purpose so that we can collaborate with each other; as part of our Trading team, you would typically come together once a month in London.
As one of our Trading Managers, you will be responsible for driving weekly trading sessions and monitoring performance vs expectation in order to inform decision making.
Other accountabilities include:
- Drive Profitable Growth – Supporting the Trading mission to profitably grow our trading performance through continuous insight and action; delivering on current year value and the 5 year plan.
- Cross Collaboration – Working with Marketing, Pricing, Finance, Product, Operations and other key stakeholders to drive the trading agenda through effective collaboration across the whole insurance product range (core and add-ons)
- Be a Performance expert – Monitoring performance vs. expectation (both internal, market metrics and insight) to inform and drive decision making, spotting and generating risks and opportunity trends that can deliver business value.
- Drive Action – Creating value assessments to support prioritisation and sizing of opportunities, proposing and executing action to generate business value, considering impacts throughout the P&L and other business processes.
- Stakeholder management – Understand performance and articulate the meaningful headlines with stakeholders to enable informed decision making.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
The Ideal Candidate
We would be interested in talking to candidates with experience across UK personal lines, but having experience within Health insurance would be an added bonus.
Other skills and experience required include:
- Experience of working across multiple teams and cross team collaboration
- Ability to identify and propose action to key trends.
- Ability to communicate trends simply, and drive implementable solutions.
- Ability to build simple business cases to inform and drive action across teams
- Knowledge of visualisation tools such as Tableau desirable
Everyday our colleagues deliver exceptional experiences to our customers. We believe exceptional work deserves even more exceptional rewards, that’s why we have put together an amazing benefits package for all colleagues.
We offer total flexibility over where you work you choose a place that you feel most comfortable and productive, either from home or in one of our hubs in London, Ashford or Sandwich.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE TO ALL COLLEAGUES:
- Our working week is 35 hours per week, these can be worked flexibly to suit your working style
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Option to purchase additional leave up to 5 extra days
- Pension scheme matched up to 10%
- Life assurance policy on joining us
- Wellbeing programme
- Colleague discounts including family discounts on cruises and holidays
- Range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Grandparents leave
- Company performance related annual bonus – Up to 5%
- Income protection
- Access to Saga Academy, our bespoke learning platform
About the Company
Over the past 70 years we have become the UK’s specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic, recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
At Saga we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement. We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better.
Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity. We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required. For more information on our DEI policies please visit our Saga Careers page.
Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.
Job Reference: saga/TP/56250/2810