Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a technology-enabled Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our IT team with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our IT and digital journey. Our vertically integrated business will provide candidates the opportunity to work across multiple technology disciplines and to provide innovation for the next phase of our growth. If you are passionate about technology and how that can deliver real business value, now is the time to join Card Factory and be part of our exciting journey!
As a member of the IT Service Delivery Team, you will be responsible for driving the IT Service function forward with an ITIL influenced approach to Service Delivery, ensuring that the IT Service function supports and runs its Services in a manner that is fit for purpose both now and into the future.
The role will report directly to the IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Assist in the management of major incidents, working with the Service Desk Manager to ensure tickets are kept up to date, comms are issued, next steps agreed and key stakeholders informed of progress.
- Assist in the production of lessons learned and Major Incident reports.
- Understand and map service elements of key systems, their configurations, and business impacts to ensure a good working knowledge of the end to end service
- Engage in hands-on Problem Management to ensure analysis, understanding, and resolution of ongoing Problem records.
- Support the Service Delivery Manager with the tracking of service renewals and review of service-related billing.
- Assist with the development and update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required.
- Support in the management of suppliers who provide ongoing key services to Card Factory.
- Contribute towards the Service Design and Service Transition elements of onboarding new Services into the business
- Proactively identify operational efficiencies i.e. processes that can be automated, streamlined to reduce manual effort across Support functions
- Support the IT Service Desk in times of critical need (i.e. Major Incidents or overflow situations).
- Facilitate the Change Approval process, by ensuring the Forward Schedule of Change is maintained, all CAB documentation is completed as required and CAB meetings are run efficiently.
- Assist in the production of weekly service performance reports, reviewing SLA adherence from both internal IT teams and suppliers, highlighting any breaches to the IT Service Delivery Manager.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service within an IT service delivery role.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of IT.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical clients and staff at all organisational levels.
- High levels of commitment and ability to take action when necessary.
- Excellent problem determination, analytical, and resolution skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to articulate complex detail in an audience-appropriate manner
- Knowledge and experience of working with ITIL processes, in particular Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Patience and understanding in high-pressure situations – and an ability to look at the bigger picture.
- Ideally, have experience of working in a similar environment preferably in the retail sector
- Demonstrating ownership, initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn is essential.
- The successful candidate will have a team-focused mentality, understanding that the IT Department as a whole must work collaboratively to drive success.
- The ideal candidate will also hold a full clean driving license as travel between-group sites may be required.
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours to support the resolution of high-priority incidents is required.
- The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time, with the IT Department central to the delivery of the company’s new 5-year strategy. With the correct mindset and capabilities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference and to develop their skills and experience whilst we embark on a transformation journey.
Competitive salary and benefits package