101 Wood Lane, London, W12 7FW
Salterbaxter is a Creative, Sustainability Consultancy delivering end-to-end sustainability to expertly navigate from materiality through to reporting and from big strategy visions to detailed goal setting, through brilliant, brave communications. Our goal is to make sustainability creative, tangible and actionable. Our passion is to deliver big ideas that will inspire the necessary step change for a future in which business and society thrive.
Diversity and inclusion is a core part of who we are at Salter Baxter. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group – whatever their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion doesn’t just fuel our creativity and innovation, it brings us closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work. As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Current deadline for applications: Monday, 19th February 2024, 12pm (GMT)
We are looking for a Junior Consultant (JC) to join Salterbaxter’s Sustainability Advisory team. The team’s work covers sustainability strategy, advisory and communications projects. The JC would work closely alongside our team of Midweight and Senior Consultants and would report into a Senior Consultant (with oversight from a team Director) to deliver excellent work, advise and drive progress amongst our clients.
Our work is mainly centred around double materiality assessments, sustainability strategy development (vision, positioning, goals and targets), roadmaps and action plans for implementation, sustainability communications (reporting and beyond) and activations, and embedding sustainability through governance models and structures.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to help support and shape our consultancy team and grow into a well-rounded sustainability consultant.
- Delivering insightful research across benchmarking and best practice, issues analysis and insight identification and building up a knowledge of the sustainability landscape.
- Developing a solid understanding of our clients’ businesses and general industry trends, conducting and applying research and issue insight to specific challenges faced by the business, sector or society.
- With the support of Consultants and Senior Consultants, provide advice to clients on sustainability strategies, communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Edit and proofread written communication to an excellent standard (for example, write and draft client materials and presentations without mistakes in a structured and organised manner).
- Play an active part in attending client meetings, stakeholder interviews and workshops, helping facilitate sessions and / or present content, taking notes when required.
- Provide occasional research and peer benchmarking support to the reporting team, and applying learnings to ongoing work for advisory projects
- Responsible for day-to-day administration and junior finance (including raising POs, job numbers, timesheets, expenses, etc.)
- Able to contribute to pitch responses, translating knowledge and experience to the client’s challenge under the direction of pitch team.
- Actively work to stay updated and develop knowledge about the sustainability sector and of Salterbaxter’s offer.
- Seen as a trusted and reliable support across all types of activities – proven through the quality of their work and contributions.
- Over time, manage small projects with direction, managing upwards as required by providing updates and/or flagging project issues to the project lead/line manager.
Your personal qualities and skills:
- Organised and meticulous about meeting deadlines, with excellent attention to detail
- Effective communicator and able to build one-to-one relationships with clients and teams
- Proactive mindset, ability to work in an agile manner, and adapt to changing requests
- Comfortable working in a small, ambitious team within a large agency structure
- A proven team player, with the ability to empathise with clients and remain flexible in achieving goals
- Competent in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Experience and qualifications:
- Demonstrable work experience, within agency/sustainability is considered a plus
- Ideally have a formal qualification in a related field
- Passion and enthusiasm for sustainability and the potential for business transformation, hungry to learn about our sector and how to be a brilliant consultant
- Bought in and aligned to Salterbaxter’s mission of driving Progress.
Culture – a buzzword to many, but not to us. We’re dedicated to making our work as enjoyable, balanced and rewarding as possible. Aside from a competitive salary, an incredible team of people and standard benefits such as healthcare and pensions etc, there are some other benefits that we think make a big difference, such as flexible working that works for you and us, days off to discover new skills or interests, volunteering days and short summer Fridays.
Publicis Groupe operates a hybrid working pattern with employees being office-based on Mondays and two other days during the working week.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.