Salary: £10.50 – £10.50
Shift hours: Full Time
To provide the day to day services required to support laboratory support services to the scientific groups at GSK Stevenage. These include, but are not limited to, laundry collection, distribution & administration, cleaning of lab spaces including floors, benches and hand sinks and replenishment of hand towels and soap.
- To competently clean laboratory floor areas as well as lab benches and surfaces to the required standard and to understand the laboratory environment including GxP labs.
- To ensure conformance to any relevant SOPs or work instructions that pertain to GxP labs and that all log books are completed correctly and on time.
- To be competent in the use of any equipment that may be required to clean lab floors e.g., floor scrubbers, equipment used to strip and reseal floors in the laboratories
- To carry out routine checks on the equipment and to report any problems to the area team leader or supervisor
- Stock check and replenish consumables associated with lab cleaning using the correct procedures
- Collect dirty laundry, sort, bag and record for outbound laundry service via a third-party contractor
- Unpack, sort and record clean laundry and delver back to laboratories or laboratory cupboards
- Cleaning of laboratory hand wash basins and replenishment of consumables including but not limited to hand towels
- Emptying of laboratory hand wash bins
- To attend training sessions appertaining to the post and ensure this training is documented in your training file. Maintain own training file
- Liaise on a daily basis with colleagues in support of the delivery model
- To report any non conformances, delays or issues to Line Manager
- To maintain a clean and tidy area at all times
- To ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with compliance guidelines and to provide data for monthly reports on performance and service delivery
- To ensure regular checks of the equipment and machines used during the working day. Any faults/defects to be reported to Line Manager immediately
- Understand and be able to apply the principles of GxP practice where applicable.
- Carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate a good customer service.
- Provide support and cover for all departmental operations as required
- Complete any Helpdesk requests within the set time frames
- Demonstrate a high standard of personal hygiene, appearance, ensuring the company uniform issued is worn at all times
- Adhere to all company & client policies, procedures, site rules and regulations.
- Comply with all company & client procedures relating to Health & Safety & safe working practices.
- Start work on time and adhere to break times whilst on duty
- Represent and promote the Company wherever possible.
- Perform any other reasonable requests as required by the line manager
- Good basic education
- Good numeracy skills
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
- Service orientated attitude
- Strong team player with experience in a high-quality customer service operation
- Knowledge of chemicals and safe handling
- Aptitude for technical and practical matters
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of working in a regulated (e.g., GxP) environment
Location: Menstrie, Scotland