Job Title: Laundry Worker (BANK)
Reporting to: School Business Manager
Location: Ingfield Manor School
At Ambito, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active, and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people, and children.
Job Scope To contribute to the efficient and effective running of the School by providing a comprehensive laundry service. The work involves physical activities associated with cleaning work, and lifting an handling of furniture, equipment and resources
• To enable an effective laundry service to be provided.
• To process and be involved in all aspects of providing a laundry service including the upkeep of pupils’ and students personal clothing, etc.
• To iron laundry items as required.
• To ensure that all completed laundry is presented and put away to a high standard.
• To be a member of the domestic team, and to clean rooms and furniture when required.
• To follow Health and Safety policies and procedures and comply with COSHH regulations.
• To undertake occasional minor sewing tasks
• To maintain the three laundry machines in good order and report any maintenance issues or faults using the company process
• To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily
• Any other duties as may reasonably be delegated.
• To undertake other duties as may be reasonably determined by the Principal.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.