Salary: Attractive salary plus great benefits
Are you looking for a sustainable career? Whilst working for an ethical employer who truly makes a difference to our planet?
By playing a key part in our bold commitment to transform our business into a provider of net zero carbon sustainable materials by 2040. Truly you will be making the world a be a better place to live for the next generation
The Letter of Credit Shipping Administrator/Coordinator deals with documentation for shipments made via container, short sea and deep sea movements via Letters of Credit (LC), Documentary Collections and other trade finance methods of payment used in international trade. This very specialist role is critical in negotiating the full payment cycle through a number of banking processes, as well as adhering to international trade and financial laws. The LC Shipping Administrator/Coordinator will be point of contact for the life cycle of the contract to completion and will be dealing with various external and internal stakeholders. The role supports the Shipping Department in managing a range of administration activities, enabling the department to fulfil its responsibilities and service level agreements to the company and all concerned parties.
Here’s just a few things that you will be responsible for:
- Processing and production of documentation for Letters of credit, Documentary collections and other payment methods
- Processing of all aspects of export letters of credit (negotiation, issuance, advise, amendments, acceptance, documents checking, discounting, payments).
- The timely and accurate processing of error free Letters of credit in order to effect shipments and payments, ensuring fully workable LC is received at nominated bank counters
- Applying knowledge to governing rules such as UCP 600, URC 522, ISBP for examination of documents under UCP 600, URR725, and ICC incoterms 2020
- Overviewing and daily updating of loading / discharging operation and communicate shipment progress to customers
Plus plenty more. You wont get bored!
Proven track record with letters of credit and an international trade environment or international shipping environment essential for this role.
You will also have knowledge of UCP 600, URC 522, URR725, ISBP 745 and ICC incoterms 2020 and of various bills of lading.
So if you have a great attitude and your looking to build a sustainable career, you enjoy working in a busy environment managing complex documentation and you have the ability to manage a broad range of enquiries from interested parties and customers then this job will be perfect for you.
Hours per week: 40