Salary: £25,000pa + great benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
Sodexo Live! have a fantastic opportunity for a talented highly experienced, creative Lead Baker with a passion for food to join our team working alongside our valued client, Heritage Portfolio at The Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh.
At Sodexo Live! we bring people together, we create exceptional moments and lasting memories. We are a unique community of people mobilized to create live experiences that are unforgettable.
You will be responsible for creating scrumptious baked goods for our customers. From rustic Victoria sponges, to elegant éclairs, full afternoon teas, and savouries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us in an exciting new venture, helping to create and develop a new site. Your excellent leadership and communications skills, and ability to remain positive and professional in a fast-paced environment will be crucial to the role.
When you join Sodexo Live! you truly belong, you will have the opportunity to thrive with career and learning opportunities available across the organisation – we cant wait for you to join us!
- Provide exceptional bakery produce to the specifications agreed
- Ability to demonstrate a wide range of skills in order to create a diverse and interesting range, with an expansive repertoire of non-gluten containing, dairy free and vegan dishes
- Ensure a focus on customer/client needs and feedback and ensure that any food queries or complaints are dealt with promptly and professionally
- Collaboration with Retail Development Chef on Bakery offer development
- Ensure all equipment under your supervision is maintained in working order and kept clean, has clear operations instructions, is safe and secure with any issues being reported at the first available opportunity, and that all staff are regularly retrained on use of equipment
- Ensure that all Health & Safety legislation is carried out correctly and recorded as necessary. This includes all HACCP, Saf3gard/ EHO visits, Fire Evacuation Procedure, First Aid at Work and safe working practices at all times. Maintain a focus on food allergens and customer information
For a full list of responsibilities please view the attached job description
What we are looking for
- Natural creative and innovative flair with a genuine love of food and an eye for detail
- Proven track record of experience in a similar role, baking and providing savouries
- Level 3 Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Allergens certifications
- Experience managing produce, ordering goods and budgeting
- Professional, motivated, driven, flexible and enthusiastic, with excellent leadership skills
- Industry awareness from high street to high end cafes, and be aware of competitors for benchmarking purposes, for current and upcoming trends
- Excellent people management skills, with a desire to share knowledge and best practises
- Computer literate, particularly using Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to multi-task, provide innovate solutions and prioritise workload
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland