At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Lining Operative to join our friendly Highways team in Norfolk.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Liaise with Client’s Representatives, Statutory Undertakers Representatives and the General Public (as required)
- Assist in the management of the on-site paperwork and ensure all records are up to date in accordance with Tarmac local management procedures.
- Assist and implement compliance with safety processes and policies detailed in works safety plans and companies policies
- Reports incidents, non-conformances, safety observations and near hits in line with company reporting procedure and participate in incident investigations when required
- Assist in the delivery of the daily briefing, relevant toolbox talks and any site specific induction prior to commencing work on site.
- Undertake site operations to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiency at all times. Liaise with Supervisor to understand/ achieve set daily/weekly targets to optimise outputs.
- Ensure material waste is minimised.
- Carry out pre start checks on each machine you are operating (including hired-in plant). Report any plant defects to your Supervisor immediately and ensure all plant is safely and securely stored in designated parking area, at the end of each shift
- Manage site operations to ensure all works are completed to the highest standard and comply with contract specification and quality standards.
- Where required ensure works are inspected with the Customer and the contract is approved/sign off prior to leaving site.
- Ensure the Quality and accuracy of works in accordance with Company Procedures
- Maintain records of works as directed.
- Manage working relationship with the local community & publicise any local community projects.
At least 3 years experience on all types of Highway road marking both new and recovered and on multiple surface types.
A sound understanding of the application of section scheme 7; road markings requirements and the ability to translate to the ground with minimal reference to technical documentation
A sound knowledge of company generic risk assessments, safe systems of work and effective usage of PPE.
NVQ level 2 in Road marking
Valid LGV class 2 driving licence
Chapter 8 – T1 12D
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/4129