Competitive Rate of Pay + Fantastic Benefits
Full Time, Permanent contract
Monday to Friday 05:30 to 15:30 with occasional weekend work.
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Loading Shovel Driver to join our friendly team based in Tarmac Tallington site, Lincolnshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Batch Plant Supervisor as the successful candidate you will:
- Operate the Loading Shovel maintaining all materials to supply the Batching to allow for a constant flow of Concrete to the Site.
- Manage the delivery of Bulk Materials insuring Drivers adhere to all safety requirement, to maintain and manage Wedge Pits and Cake Bays
- Autonomous Maintenance in the role.
- Carry out concrete plant production duties, including batching concrete in accordance with a specification to meet quality standards
- Carry out daily safety and maintenance inspections including reporting KPI data.
- Safe operation of all equipment as trained and authorised, ensuring plant and equipment are inspected and maintained and defects reported
- Operate mobile plant, managing stock intake and ensuring all material stocks are segregated
- Work as a team to ensure a quality product is produced for the client and targeted volumes are delivered
- General housekeeping; ensuring that the highest standards are maintained in accordance with What Good Looks Like (WGLL) and the CRH Lifesaving rules
- Role model an exemplary approach to Health and Safety, contributing proactively to a safe working environment and working collaboratively to build a culture of continuous improvement
- Take pride in all work completed and being determined to succeed
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires working knowledge of Health & Safety, a customer focus, a willingness to learn and develop, Operational Experience,
The ideal candidate will possess previous experience working as a Mobile Plant Operative, Loading Shovel Driver or similar and be flexible to work shifts. As well as possess good communication skills and have a real desire in developing supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of the process, heavy plant, and equipment
- Loading Shovel experience is essential
- Computer literacy
Location: Stamford, Lincolnshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/1258