Salary: £28912.00 – £34569.60
Shift hours: Full Time
Support delivery of statutory, legislative, and mandatory maintenance on a Client site.
Complete planned and reactive maintenance, as well as minor new works as directed.
- Complete risk assessments for maintenance tasks and work safely always.
- Respond to Emergency Call Out’s and attend site to provide engineering expertise ‘out of hours.
- Manage a variety of reactive tasks and planned activities to meet service level agreement deadlines.
- Keep up to date with any changes in legislation and best practice relating to the work being completed
- Escorting of specialist sub-contractors
- To deliver a high-quality professional service, with a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Undertake Mechanical work in domestic, commercial, industrial building, minor works repairs and fault finding.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of Mechanical systems.
- To inspect, order materials and complete tasked works in a timely and efficient manner. Update help desk with any delays
- To liaise with help desk daily, scheduling works and completions
- To liaise with customers to arrange appointments, access and to discuss works.
- To liaise with other staff as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
- Support and Undertake reactive and planned maintenance works activities including but not restricted to Mechanical systems to a wide range of buildings inc domestic, commercial, and industrial.
- Complete all works to a high standard and in a competent manner with the property being left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Be an essential part of the local team who will ensure that all works are carried out in a safe manner.
- To undertake weekend/out of hours working, if required, to complete intrusive maintenance activities that cannot be undertaken in client operating hours.
- Supporting the Senior Engineer, Technical Engineer and Service Delivery Manager in technical queries or when a Business case is being prepared for submission to the client.
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- Regular 121 with Sodexo line manager
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- Take part in Personal development reviews including the recognition of training and development needs.
- To attend your performance development review to discuss job standards and agree development activities
- To maintain high levels of personal hygiene and wear the appropriate uniform and PPE as required
- To report any near miss occurrences, accidents, or faulty equipment to management
- To ensure effective communication with line manager, team, customer, and client organisation
- Must have good awareness of the HASAWA 1974 and their own legal obligations.
- Must have good awareness of British Standards.
- Qualified plumber accredited with City & Guilds Level 2
- Willing to learn, Able to identify unsafe situations and apply British Standards
- Able to communicate and work as part of a team and use own initiatives, knowledge, experience and professional judgment to act quickly in any emergency and to safely respond and make safe decisions regarding unsafe situations.
- working knowledge/experience of building maintenance.
- Excellent communications both written and verbal.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Must have good awareness of equipment and associated maintenance skills.
- A good team player with a flexible approach in achieving the targets/work plans.
- Report to supervisor, keeping them informed of activity progress and highlight any problems
- Maintain tools, equipment, PPE in a good working condition
- Comply with Health, Safety, Environmental and trade/industry regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements including safe systems of work and near miss reporting
- Provide accurate records of time taken for tasks, materials used, and any other information required to ensure efficient service delivery
- Complete training and competency assessments
Location: Colchester, England