Salary: £12.00 – £13.50
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Technician to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- The maintenance, repair and improvement of building fabric, services and systems.
- Productive and efficient use of time to undertake planned and re-active maintenance.
- Provide accurate records of time taken for tasks, materials required/used and any other information required to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Proactively investigate material source/purchase and alternate solutions to ensure all works can be cost effectively completed.
- Inform line manager of any impending situation, including predicted materials shortage, access or leave that could impact service delivery.
- Take ownership for diagnose of faults and repair plant/equipment where applicable or via outsource supplier.
- At all times keep the Business Unit and Service Manager informed of maintenance progress or problems.
- To carry out all work you are deemed competent to perform (be it electrical, mechanical, fabric, waste or porterage/moves) in a timely, obliging and supportive manner.
- To ensure the highest level of client – customer relationships are maintained.
- Complete tasks as required, to appropriate standards and at all times follow Industry best practice.
- At all times comply with Health, Safety, Environmental and trade/industry regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements.
- To ensure all areas in which work is undertaken are kept in a clean and tidy condition to ensure minimum disruption.
- Where competent, basic electrical fault identification, (including, but not limited to) light fittings (includes emergency lights), lamp replacement, safe installation and inspection of electrical equipment, low voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Coordination of the water hygiene statutory maintenance tasks, such as: temperature reading, descaling, sampling and testing and associated tasks to comply with L8 ACoP.
- Operation of fault diagnosis for the Building Management System (BMS).
- Maintain tools, equipment, PPE to a safe and good working order of condition.
- Maintain stocks of critical spares and other stock pertaining to responsibilities.
- The accurate completion of all task sheets or appropriate soft copy/electronic equivalent with relevant information.
- To be a focal point for proactive service delivery to all aspects of the building and plant maintenance.
- To build professional relationships with all stakeholders (client and own team).
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business.
- Carry out daily building inspections of site HVAC & maintenance systems, responding to faults & reporting non compliance to line manager.
- To be fully conversant of the role of GSM in order to provide support in the absence of the GSM.
Essential / Preferred:
- IEE 17th edition BS7671 regulations qualification/training
- Previous engineering training together with adequate experience and desire to achieve 17th Edition within six months of taking up the position
- Together with quantifiable training and/or experience/qualifications in either:
HVAC (air-conditioning, which may include split unit maintenance & desire to achieve F Gas Training within six months of taking up the position)
Building fabric maintenance
Be willing to:
- Under take all necessary training to develop multi skills as required
- Assist any other trade as and when required
- Provide additional support over and above any hours already worked within a working day to assist colleagues and ensure any threat to site security/operation is minimised (e.g. a flood occurs at the end of shift, but the team remain on site to clear etc.)
- Use own initiative to carry out work safely and effectively under own initiative without constant close supervision
- Work within Safe Systems of Work
- Be part of a helpful, pro-active building and facilities team that will responsibly communicate with members of the client and own team
- Have a positive, up-beat communicative attitude
- Have good attention to detail
- Carry out all reasonable tasks as directed by management in order to meet the operational requirements of the business
Location: Hitchin, England