Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
We are currently recruiting full time Support workers for Cygnet Hospital Beckton which is a private female mental health hospital offering a range of secure mental health services for women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
Situated in the East End of London, the hospital has four specialist wards including mental health with learning disabilities, personality disorders and ACUTE.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
You will receive full training and Induction into the role and work on average 38.5hrs per week covering 11 hour shifts on a rota basis and must be able to cover a mixture of day (7.30-20.00) and night (19.30 – 08.00) shifts.
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street with healthcare, holidays & leisure or securing your future with professional development and a pension, we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
In this role you’ll:
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support implementation of the treatments and therapy as per the service users’ care plans.
- Compliment and provide support to the qualified nurses.
- Undertake safe observations of patients sometimes on a 1:1 basis or with other staff.
- Meet the physical and emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
- Play an active role in maintaining physical and mental wellbeing by providing and supporting individual or group work.
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in.
- Work within Safeguarding guidelines
- Undertake training in de-escalation and PMVA techniques to support patients with potentially violent or aggressive behaviours towards themselves or others.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Previous inpatient mental health experience in a challenging and/or an acute setting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- NVQ level 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- Employee Discount Scheme
- 2 Days extra annual leave for your birthday and anniversary date
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free private Health Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Job Reference: CYG32880