Shift hours: Full Time
To increase programme testing capacity for COVID-19, a mobile testing operating model was established in mid-April. Mobile Testing Units currently enable self-administered testing, by setting up a small site at strategic locations near fixed regional test site.
We are seeking to recruit Multiskilled Operatives to support the delivery of testing for service users that visit the COVID-19 Mobile Test Unit. You will complete a wide range of general daily tasks such as admin support, test collections, test drop offs, cleaning and sterilisation and be responsible for the disposal of medical and biohazard waste. You will need to have the flexibility to change tasks as and when required and rotate into the different roles, ensuring to always provide general support and deliver service excellence for our service users.
Typical working hours on average are between 8.00am and 4.00pm with rest breaks in-between and will be on a rota of 3 days on and then 3 days off. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have access to a vehicle as the Rapid Test Site will change from day to day and you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site that will be assigned to with less than 48 hours notice. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to site, you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Support the delivery of services at the Mobile Test Unit, communicating and providing an efficient, effective service for each service user who visits the Test Unit
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed as required
- Ability to support and communicate with all Service users in a calming and professional manner
- Maintaining a good effective communication chain with the MTU Manager and Supervisor around all deployment operational issues.
- Rotate into other roles as needed, providing general support to ensure a smooth delivery of services
- At request of MTU Management be available to take on other tasks within the Covid19 Test Centres Project
- Distribute test kits at the entrance of the car park, explaining the procedure to each service user
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- You must be in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household
- You must have access to a vehicle as you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site without travel expenses with location assigned with less than 48 hours notice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- First aid trained
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
Location: Liverpool, England