Salary: £50,000 – 65,000 per annum + excellent benefits package
Shift hours: Full Time
We’re looking for a Network & Security Engineer to drive our migration program moving customer networks into SDWAN and operate future SDWAN services as BAU.
You’ll work alongside the Chief Architect and Senior Engineers to develop a fit for the future SDWAN environment, capable of achieving and maintaining cyber accreditation. You’ll transpose business requirements into a modern SDWAN design for deployment and support of SDWAN services and monitoring. You’ll be accountable for the maintenance and configuration of the BAU UK&I network, SDWAN and associated security perimeter, you’ll oversee the patching and maintenance of all network hardware and software and ensure compliance with standards and policies for all network and security services.
Working proactively and collaboratively with infrastructure, application teams and Sodexo customers you’ll have a familiarity with IaC (Infrastructure as Code), Meraki SDWAN products and operation and have extensive experience in Information technology and Cloud technologies.
This position is offered on a 24 month FTC, the role can be home based or located in our Salford Data Centre. We can offer a job share or flexile working for this position.
- Configuration, maintenance and on-going management of the IS&T SDWAN network within the region.
- Configuration and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, associated services and Meraki security appliances within the UK&I region.
- Oversee the migration of existing customers into the SDWAN environment and managing the adoption of new customers into the same.
- Ensure a robust entry policy exists for SDWAN and is maintained for attaching to the network. Proactively monitor, investigate and report discrepancies.
- Proactively engage with business and IT stakeholders to future proof SDWAN services.
- Working with IT Security to identify security threats, propose strategies and methods to mitigate the threats.
- Collaborate across Infrastructure service pillars and the wider IS&T team to meet the strategic roadmap.
- Ensure that incidents and problems are managed within SLA and that any outages are investigated and reported on.
- Tertiary level of education in ICT
- Extensive experience in Information technology and Cloud technologies
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Meraki SDWAN products and operation
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with routers and switches
- Competent in troubleshooting and configuring firewalls
- Competent in TCP/IP, Routing methodologies, Firewall and Security Policies
- Familiarity with Forescout technologies
- Experience of collecting business requirements and producing functional and technical specifications
- Working experience of automation, coding and scripting.
- Ability to work outside normal office hours as project work /system maintenance dictates.
- Ability to travel to other Sodexo sites within the UK and Ireland
- Able to undergo successful Security Clearance
Location: No Fixed Location / Home based, England