Meade Close is a 9-bed residential care home in Urmston, Manchester, that supports adults with learning and physical disabilities. The home provides a high level of support to enable the individuals we support meet their personal goals and future aspirations!
The Meade Close Family are recruiting!
Meade Close consists of two, four-bed bungalows and a single accommodation bungalow, set within very pleasant and well-maintained private grounds. The home is situated within a five-minute walk of Urmston town centre and is very near to bus and train stops. They are located 2.5 miles from the Trafford Centre and a short distance from Trafford General hospital.
The individuals we support include Kalvin who is a MASSIVE Man United fan! We recently decorated his room with lots of football memorabilia and he absolutely loved it! He loves shopping and is often heading to the Trafford Centre to buy new clothes. He loves a bus journey and spending time with friends.
Other individuals we support love spending time at the local parks, going for walks and spending time in the sunshine! They often spend time in their garden and have planted lots of beautiful plants this year! They enjoy planning and hosting parties at Meade Close and never pass up on the opportunity of cake! Some of the individuals love sensory time and relaxing with friends.
We are often praised for our hard work, and nothing goes a miss. Management are known for sharing the outstanding work of each staff member with the rest of the Salutem Family. We have said we feel very fortunate to be a part of such an amazing team. “I have gained my skills here at Salutem and work with the most amazing people I have ever met in my life and also to support our service users at Meade Close. I couldn’t think of anything better than giving them the quality of life they deserve”.
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
Each day will be different, and the main focus of your role is to provide daily support to adults in our residential services. It’s definitely not a normal 9-5, you can work days, nights, and flexible shifts too. Talking of ‘dream’ jobs, some of our shifts are sleep-ins!
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy – we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
– £75 cost of living bonus – We’re supporting our team with a monthly pre-tax bonus when they need it most.*
– Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
– Perkbox – Get over 200 exclusive perks and discounts, plus wellbeing and wellness content.
– Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
– Wagestream – Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
– Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
– Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
– Canada Life, Group Life Assurance – To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
– Blink, our internal communications app – Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
– Pension scheme – for all qualifying staff
– Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow
These pay rates are applicable from 1st April 2023