Shift hours: Permanent
We’re currently recruiting a dedicated Nutritionist – Scotland to help ensure the smooth running of the operations in Chartwells on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Nutritionist – Scotland, you will use your skills to maintain a high standard of quality work. In return, you will have the chance to progress your career with a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Writing medical diet menus for different allergies, intolerances, and medical conditions
- Regular communication with parents, schools, catering teams and medical professionals
- Auditing sites
- Training catering teams
- Reporting any incidents & working with HSE to investigate
- Visiting schools across Scotland daily to audit and provide support to kitchen team
- The person within role must be keenly aware of health and safety and food hygiene issues.
- Working closely with catering managers and area managers to promote a joined-up approach to safely providing medical diet meals.
- Delivering food and wellbeing education sessions to a wide variety of audiences in person and through posters, blogs and website posts
- Co-write school strategy plans for allergens, education, and sustainability with guidance from central teams alongside nutritionist
- Provide expert knowledge of legislation around food and nutrition
- Working closely with in-contract team to provide information required and working in collaboration to meet KPIs of contract
- Being a key representative of the company to client and schools.
- Supporting wider business projects when required.
- Must have degree (BSc) in Nutrition or other relevant degree
- Experience in working with people with allergies and intolerances is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience using nutritional analysis system such as Saffron (or equivalent) desirable but not essential as full training provided
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt communication to a range of stakeholders including clients, parents, and pupils
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to manage a busy inbox and a high volume of workload
- Confident in communicating to large groups of people and controlling challenging meetings/conversations
- Experience delivering educational sessions to young people (Food Technology and/or Nutrition is desirable)
- Driving License is required
Part of Compass Group UK&I, Chartwells is the leading provider of catering and support services to the education sector. For over a quarter of a century, Chartwells has been focusing on helping those in education to build strong bodies, sharp minds and lead long healthy lives. Every week, Chartwells serves millions of nutritious and delicious meals to pupils and students in primary and secondary schools, academies, independent schools, colleges, and universities across the UK. Chartwells is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all employees to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to successfully completing pre-employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure and a Children’s Barred List check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and we ask applicants to declare all previous convictions and cautions in order to assess their suitability to work with children.
Job Reference: com/1202/378200/52621767/WJ
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone’s talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive – Diversity is Our Strength!