Salary/Rate: £16.24 – £21.24/hour (up to £35,523 per annum) Dependant on experience
Monday-Friday, Term Time only. Permanent role. Full or part-time working will be considered.
Based at Ingfield Manor School, Billingshurst, RH14 9AX
Ingfield Manor School is a day and weekly boarding school for 60 pupils and students from age 3-19 with neuro-motor impairments such as cerebral palsy, in addition to a bespoke curriculum supporting speech, communication and language needs. We are one of the UK’s leading Conductive Education providers. Our school is an exciting and rewarding place to work with excellent resources, including a state-of-the-art multi-sensory room.
We require an enthusiastic and dynamic occupational therapist to work as part of a transdisciplinary team, with our students. Experience is desirable in one or more of the following areas: postural management / motor development /specialist seating, sensory development, hand splinting, working with individuals with a neurological impairment. Full clinical supervision, training and CPD opportunities are ongoing.
• To contribute to the planning and delivery of a strategy promoting function and independence in pupils/students, to enable and support their learning.
• To be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of agreed occupational therapy aims and programmes that reflect the Conductive Education ethos of the school,
• To work as a member of a trans-disciplinary team, and to convey occupational therapy skills and roles as part of a trans-disciplinary delivered curriculum.
• To make sound and well-reasoned equipment and resource recommendations, that support optimum use of the budget.
• To ensure the learning environment is adequately resourced to enhance skills.
• promote function and optimal participation, enabling children and young people to access the curriculum and environment
• support the delivery of the curriculum to ensure pupil learning and progress
• maintain excellent standards of care and practice
• ensure health and safety of staff and students
• monitoring, maintaining and ensuring fit for purpose equipment and environmental adaptations
• ensure compliance with policies and procedures
Ingfield Manor school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.