We are currently looking for an experienced Online Buyer to join our fast-paced team as we look to flex our offer to meet the needs of under-served customer segments. Working across some key product categories for our online ranges, you will work closely with our Online, Finance & Customer Insights team to understand differing customer needs and then be accountable for translating this learning into a bespoke range for target locations. You will need to source new and integrate existing ranges to deliver a compelling new offer bringing innovation and market knowledge into the process.
- Managing the product range to ensure the critical paths for this project are followed and take corrective action to resolve issues when needed;
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business to land the project on time;
- Management of the range plan for online, ensuring that accurate and timely information and data is provided to influence the decision-making process;
- Manage the product development and range building process ensuring it meets customer requirements and is linked to strategy and financial targets;
- Develop strong relationships with key third party suppliers to develop the appropriate ranges for online;
- Responsible for working with the Quality Control team to ensure products are sourced with relevant safety and quality standards and supplier audits are in place;
- Analyse and evaluate the overall performance of the product area weekly against budget, LFL, and strategy, identify lessons learned to make informed decisions to trade your category, and manage risk to drive sales and profitability;
- Use online data to understand conversion and basket makeup to drive product and merchandising decisions
- Support the online team with merchandising recommendations and promotional opportunities
- Experience working with products from a Home/Gifting/Occasion/Fashion background preferred.
- Ideally has experience of online, product personalisation, managing Drop Ship Vendor suppliers
- A creative flair and a strong eye for product is a must!
- Ability to have tough, honest conversations that drive performance;
- Experience interpreting financial data to improve profit and sales;
- Experience managing all administration that is connected to the area.
- Be able to confidently raise opportunities to the Senior Leadership team to ensure team success;
- Is able to build working relationships within the team, and with other key stakeholders;
- Work in an ethical, sustainable, and legal way in the sourcing of products;
- Be results-focused and plans ahead, dealing with issues before they escalate;
- Be commercially aware and seek ways to improve profit.
Competitive salary and benefits package