Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 3,000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
We are seeking an Optimisation Analyst to join our Growth team. This is an exciting role for someone who enjoys being hands-on with the optimisation of web content and analysis of user experience and journeys with the ultimate goal to improve engagement and conversion.
The way to thrive and shine within Starling is to be a self-driven individual and be able to take full ownership of everything around you: From building things, designing, and discovering to sharing knowledge with your colleagues and making sure all processes are efficient and productive to deliver the best possible results for our customers. Our purpose is underpinned by five Starling values: Listen, Keep It Simple, Do The Right Thing, Own It, and Aim For Greatness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the team to scale up the CRO (conversion rate optimisation) program with a strong user-centred approach.
- Leveraging your experience with UX/UI design principles to ideate, build and deliver A/B tests and optimisations to the website, digital channels and marketing activities.
- Diving into data and analytics from a range of sources; web analytics, and product and account analytics. Using insights to build audiences and personalise experiences.
- Using quantitative and qualitative research methods to build a strong understanding of the user, their experience, and their understanding of the product and communications.
- Supporting the Marketing team and wider business in assessing and testing consumer understanding as part of Consumer Duty.
- Making recommendations for the optimisation and personalisation strategy on the website based on your data analysis, design best practices and user research.
- Defining hypotheses and briefs to implement A/B tests, using data and statistical methods to report on the performance and outcomes.
- Communicating and reporting on test results, and sharing knowledge and insights with the wider business to support a ‘test and learn’ culture.
- Staying current with industry trends, tools, and best practices in CRO, digital marketing, and UX/UI design.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, and analysing A/B tests, multivariate tests or optimising site performance.
- UX/UI design skills, including the ability to create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes.
- Experience with experimentation platforms such as Google Optimize, Adobe Target, Optimisely, VWO, ABTasty or similar.
- An analytical mindset and a proactive approach to identifying testing opportunities.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with the ability to provide narrative and actionable insight behind the data.
- Previous experience within financial services or a regulated environment would be beneficial, but not required.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentivised refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.