Salary: £25,018.50 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Painting and Decorating Instructor to work with residents in a workshop setting using decorating pods and other facilities to help improve the skills of learners and make accurate assessments of their work.
If you have experience in Painting and Decorating and are ready for a new challenge, this may be the job for you!!!!
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice
- Deliver courses in painting and decorating that will encourage and motivate learners to progress from their initial starting points.
- Demonstrate painting and decorating skills and techniques.
- Accurately assess learner’s work and give verbal and written feedback which is of a high standard and is clear to enable the learner to improve and progress.
- Ensure that all methods taught are up to date and relevant and comply with current practices.
- Complete individual learning plans, registers, progression data and class evaluation forms by given deadlines and to a high standard
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- Previous work experience in the painting and decorating sector
- Recognised qualification in painting and decorating at level 2 or above
- Assessor’s qualification or be willing to work towards it.
- A basic teaching qualification would also be an advantage.
Location: HMP Forest Bank, Salford, Manchester, England