We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 27 days annual leave per year, 28 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
The council is in the process of implementing a new pay structure and terms and conditions which will be applicable to this role. The outcome could result in a future variation to the advertised salary, and this will be discussed at interview.
About the role
“Boniface House is situated in a bustling community village in Brixworth, on the outskirts of Northampton. It is a friendly and vibrant community and is a safe environment for residents to receive residential, dementia and physical disability expert care.”
Our care homes offer a wonderful living environment where our residents can enjoy the best quality of life possible, which they deserve.
With our great accommodation, facilities and a programme of activities, our care homes feel like a “home from home” so our residents feel comfortable, content and very well cared for.
As a Part time Housekeeper in our care home, you’ll carry out a range of duties such as cleaning, laundry and other domestic tasks in both communal and resident private rooms/areas of the home.
Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
Support, assist other staff members in promoting a cheerful, pleasant and homelike environment whilst demonstrating a friendly attitude towards residents.
What will you be doing?
- Maintain all areas in the home to a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness, and hygiene.
- Including cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, polishing, moping, furnishing, crockery, cutlery, kitchen appliances, toilets, bathrooms, bedrooms, living areas, windows and refuse disposal areas.
- Laundry care.
Shifts: 20 Hours per week
Weekly rotating shifts of 9am-1pm & 2pm-6pm with alternating weekends (Sunday enhancements).
This is all in a day’s work…..
You’ll have high standards and will ensure that all work is carried out efficiently and with great attention to detail.
A basic knowledge of health, safety and hygiene knowledge is required for this role, and previous experience within a cleaning or housekeeping job is desirable but not essential.
Career development and training opportunities
Our team’s learning and development is very important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job. We are committed to career development and have a variety of career pathways, for those who want to progress or specialise.
All new starters are supported with mandatory training within their induction period and courses are updated throughout your employment.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.