Location: 34 Mastmaker Road, London, E14 9UB
Party Ingredients, part of Searcys, is a specialist event catering business. We are a team of event professionals with over 40 years of providing lunches, dinners, receptions, weddings and other special events. We are enthusiastic, inspired and for whom nothing is too much trouble.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- 32 days annual leave
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Access to online GP and medical benefits
- Employee assistance programme and qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Enrolment into the Searcys Champagne School
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer and give back to a charity of your choice
Salary: Up to £45,000
As the Pastry Chef at Party Ingredients, you would be working alongside the kitchen brigade within the CPU on The Isle of Dogs. They will take full responsibility for the pastry section and the menu development for all desserts.
- To have sole responsibility of all desserts and pastry for all events.
- To ensure the food remains to the highest quality and consistency across all events.
- To manage food and produce ordering by keeping a record of wastage, stock holding and any food cost concerns.
- To work with the Executive Chef with the development and costing of menus, ensuring Party Ingredients is keeping up to date with the latest trends.
- To mentor and train junior chefs to ensure their development is achieved.
- To assist the other sections where necessary.
- Formal culinary training
- At least 3 years' kitchen experience, showing development within pastry
- Previous production and event work
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Great organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within different environments