Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company. We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 3,000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Manchester offices.
Our mission is to change banking for good. We can’t do that without our dedicated and passionate employees. Our People team is responsible for fostering the skills and capability to meet the changing needs of the business and deals with all aspects of our employee journey – talent acquisition, employee onboarding, talent management, total rewards and employee experience and culture. Our People team needs to keep up with Starling Bank’s growth, that means reviewing and changing the way that we do some things so that we continue to deliver a best in class employee experience.
We’re looking for a People Operations Project Manager with experience of managing HR/People focused projects to join our People team at Starling. Working as part of our People team, you will be responsible for the implementation of operationally focused and transformational projects of varying scope and size, playing a key role in standardising, streamlining and automating to ensure that our People Operations processes keep pace with Starling Bank’s growth.
You should have a strong People operations background and also be an accomplished Project Manager. We’re looking for someone who thrives delivering in a flexible environment and who is happy getting stuck in. Previous experience working in Financial Services would be an advantage.
- Overall management and co-ordination of complex and cross-functional People Operations projects.
- Identify gaps in our processes and inefficient ways of working, design and implement improvements to support a best in class employee experience.
- Drive projects forward by identifying and managing dependencies and interfaces between projects, key people initiatives and business goals.
- Review the People Operations stack (HRIS, etc) identifying and implementing improved ways of working that support automation, data driven insights/solutions, better ways of working and improved employee experience.
- Work collaboratively with the overall People team, prioritising ad hoc requests.
- Flexible and adaptable working style; comfortable juggling priorities.
- Strategic thinker;identifying root causes to complex problems before designing and implementing practical solutions to solve them.
- Equally comfortable doing strategic and hands-on work, and are not afraid of routine processes or getting your hands dirty
- Experience managing People/HR projects end-to-end
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience of supporting People team through operational change and new ways of working.
- The ability to quickly understand a new subject matter, with the confidence to get up to speed with the technical or banking details of a problem
- An understanding of the UK Financial Services market
Our recruitment process:
Interviewing is a two way process and we want you to have the time and opportunity to get to know us, as much as we are getting to know you! Our interviews are conversational and we want to get the best from you, so come with questions and be curious.
Following your application being reviewed, you can expect the below:
- First round interview with the Head of Talent Acquisition
- Second round interview with Head of People Partnering
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off!
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. When you provide us with this information, you are doing so at your own consent, with full knowledge that we will process this personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.