We have an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Capacity Manager to join our Change based in Leeds!
As our Portfolio Capacity Manager, you will be joining a proactive and determined Change team with a +/- £20 million Change Portfolio that consists of business critical and forward-thinking projects.
By understanding what tools MPS have available, which colleagues are available to support and how they can influence project success, you will embed yourself into the DNA of the organisation and determine what resources are required to deliver specific projects.
This a hybrid role with a blend of home and office-based working. As MPS colleagues are spread across the UK, we utilise technology to facilitate our roles with occasional travel to our offices in Leeds or London and as such, strong stakeholder management and communication skills are vital to provide sight over the portfolio.
As our new Portfolio Capacity Manager, you will also:
- Maintain effective relationships with the resource stakeholders to ensure true and accurate resource allocations
- Take responsibility for the effective operation of the Resource management, forecasting and reporting tools including the transition to a central resource management platform owned by PMO
- Participate in the analysis of vendor capabilities and maintenance of the Capability matrix
- Assist with the identification of new or changing resource requirements by actively engaging stakeholders to obtain feedback and incorporate those in continuous improvement
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Significant Supplier Relationship Management experience and strategic sourcing and contract management expertise
- Ability to work with, influence and communicate with all levels of staff within the organisation, and especially partners and other related third parties
- Detailed knowledge of resource forecasting and resource management principals
- Experience in managing central resource pools across matrix teams
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.