Our Support team at the Beach are recruiting!
The Beach made up of 9-bed, beautifully presented executive apartments situated in a prominent beach-side location in the village of Porth. We don't just provide care for the people we support here at The Beach, we help them to achieve their goals and aspirations while living their best lives!
We’re looking for new work-family members to help the individuals we support fulfil their dreams and help them thrive in all they want to do. The individuals we support enjoy many activities, besides the beach being right in front of us that we love popping down to for ice cream, we love to take trips out to the Blue Reef Aquarium! The Lappa Valley Steam Railway isn't too far and we love watching the trains pass and even taking a trip on one too!
To assist the Registered Manager and team members in maintaining and developing a high standard of care practice in accordance with Salutem’s philosophy, aims and objectives.
To Implement and deliver Positive Behavioural Support and person-centred planning, ensuring that the service operates to maximise service user’s quality of life and act as a liaison on behavioural matters between care and the behavioural forum.
The person-centred plan defines what an individual ‘wants’ and the ‘My Plans’ define what an individual ‘needs’. All the plans together create a complete care plan to support an individual in having a fulfilled and healthy lifestyle. Each person’s plan is bespoke and designed using techniques, discussion, and observations appropriate to their individual needs. Your role is to:
be a practice leader and model for value-based services caring for autistic people and those who have associated conditions ensuring high standards and good practice;
directly provide support to help develop and maintain high-quality Person-Centred Plans (PCP), ‘My Plans’ and Health Files which promote the best interests of the service users and deliver service user defined outcomes.
work in partnership with management, the development team and all team members to ensure all discussion points and behavioural guidelines are implemented and recorded appropriately in a developmental manner as to ensure the privacy, respect and dignity of the service users.
create a culture which recognises the equal opportunities for all service users and ensure service users are supported to expand their life skills and reach their full potential.
work in partnership with the development team to support team members to implement any future service user developments.
- take on the responsibility of the shift leader when there is no Registered Manager or Deputy Manager present.
- contribute to the assessment of needs for the individual service users, and to the formation of programmes to meet those needs. These programmes will include educational, social, vocational, physical, life skills and therapeutic activities.
- support service users in all activities.
- contribute to the recording and evaluation of all activities when required.
- produce timely reports for the Registered Manager and Management Team on service user progress.
- ensure that service users’ medications are administered as prescribed by the general practitioner and recorded as required.
- undertake the responsibilities of key worker to a service user.
- attend internal and/or external case conferences, reviews and meetings as required.