At Engine by Starling, we are on a mission to find and work with leading banks all around the world who have the ambition to build rapid growth businesses, on our technology.
Engine is Starling’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) business, the technology that was built to power Starling Bank, and two years ago we split out as a separate business.
Starling Bank has seen exceptional growth and success, and a large part of that is down to the fact that we have built our own modern technology from the ground up. This SaaS technology platform is now available to banks and financial institutions all around the world, enabling them to benefit from the innovative digital features, and efficient back-office processes that has helped achieve Starling’s success.
We draw upon our experience as knowledgeable bankers, and best in class technologists to become the chosen option for these banks, and preferred partners for leading consultancies.
We are on a mission to find and work with leading banks all around the world who have the ambition to build rapid growth businesses, on our technology. We are looking for future leaders to come and join our team, to build client relationships, and work with them to understand their needs and how we can solve them with Engine’s technology.
We have a Hybrid approach to working here at Engine – our preference is that you’re located within a commutable distance of one of our offices so that we’re able to interact and collaborate in person. We don’t like to mandate how much you visit the office and work from home, that’s to be agreed upon between you and your manager.
Some travel (including international) may be necessary depending on the client and nature of the engagement.
About the role
This role is pivotal within Engine’s Product & Technology Proposition function, in making sure we understand the client needs, sell the right thing, and build the right product. We’re looking for versatile, adaptable individuals, who enjoy the challenge of a varied and collaborative role.
The team as a whole is responsible for ensuring Engine is designed to meet the needs of clients and their local markets, designing changes to improve our SaaS offering in ways which are useful across multiple clients.
What you’ll get to to:
There are three buckets of work these roles will partake in:
- You will have a detailed understanding of the Engine product and work closely with the Business Development team on developed sales opportunities
- Running workshops with clients to understand their needs, and delivering detailed demos of the product capabilities as well as training
- Designing and documenting a solution for the client, with an understanding of the gaps of the product/ solution for the client
- Designing changes to our product in a way that keeps with the principle of our SaaS platform (no bespoke per client requirements)- working with our engineering function.
- Setting up an implementation programme for success and handing over to the implementation team
- Competitor analysis and market analysis to form a view of the direction of the product roadmap for our target markets and clients
- Designing new go to market propositions, such as a mortgage offering, or a SaaS offering
- Developing sales materials with a deep understanding of the product and client needs
- You will develop a specialism in a specific area of the product: (Onboarding, Fincrime, Payments & Cards, Accounts & Insights, Lending, Customer Services, Core Banking & Reporting)
- You will design improvements to the product that align with the vision of the business, taking into account existing and potential clients
- You’ll develop a deep technical understanding of the product and how it works and work closely with the engineering teams
About your background
- You have worked in client facing roles, in a consulting role, or at a technology company
- You have experience in financial services (ideally retail banking)
- Experience of rapidly understanding client problems and presenting solutions in a structured and informative manner
About your skills
- You are inquisitive and like the detail of understanding how something does and should work
- You have a technical aptitude and curiosity
- The ability to be self motivated in a highly autonomous environment, in a collaborative team with a flat structure
- You have strong presentation and facilitation skills
- You have attention to detail
- You can adapt your communication style to different stakeholders (Senior clients, consulting organisations, engineering functions)
Interviewing is a two way process and we want you to have the time and opportunity to get to know us, as much as we are getting to know you! Our interviews are conversational and we want to get the best from you, so come with questions and be curious. In general you can expect the below, following a chat with one of our Talent Team:
- 45 mins with some of our other Product Consultants
- 60 mins with our Chief Product Officer and some other members of the team
- 30 mins with the Engine by Starling’s CEO
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays, which you can take when it works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary & group income protection
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Incentives refer a friend scheme
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work, Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships and Electric Vehicle (EV) leasing
You may be put off applying for a role because you don’t tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’re always open to discussion. So, if you’re excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you’re 100% there yet, get in touch anyway. We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. When you provide us with this information, you are doing so at your own consent, with full knowledge that we will process this personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.