Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Reporting to the PD Manager, the Product Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the product development process for the category by working closely with the designers to develop each category from initial concept through to finished product. The PD Assistant will understand the effects and root causes of decision-making by designers and evaluate the organizational impact on the product development team. This person will connect with the Prototyping & Modelling Manager to observe the operational activities, the capabilities and timeline of the technical work.
She/he will interact with the PD Supply Chain Department in London and designers on the development of leather goods and brand value.
- Assist the Product Development Manager to work with design to support the process of material sourcing/development and prototyping for the category of products.
- Assist in ordering raw materials for prototypes and samples and in implementing the seasonal development critical paths.
- Support the Product Development Manager by communicating with relevant suppliers and assist with the daily follow up of prototyping and raw materials developments.
- Assist in the creation of prototypes and samples and manage the process in collaboration with Supply Chain, Merchandising and Vendors.
- Assist the Product Development Manager in the overall management of sampling technical packs, ensuring that the relevant pages and fields are loaded into PLM (or any other alternative format).
- Assist with general administration duties in the Product Development Department.
- Support and direct interaction with design department.
- Fill in technical sheets for Modelling and creating cost sheets.
- Work with designer and Pd team to select and propose new workmanship.
- Manage all process of workmanship and liaise the supplier issues.
- Reach out with Technical Manager for understanding our technical and timing needs linking with supplier requests.
- Report to the PD Manager all the communication with designers, technical and engineering teams during the development process of workmanship.
- Support the Industrialization team for technical production issues about the workmanship.
- Support in signing off the workmanship master to start the production process.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree is preferred (es: Polimoda International School)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) is considered a plus
- Proven product development experience within the luxury/fashion industry
- Experience with PLM/CIMS programmes would be an advantage
- Passionate about product design and development
- Highly results driven, good commercial sense
- Ability to analyse and provide data
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Florence || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || NO DEPARTMENT – FSCT9011 || n/a ||