Printcraft is part of Card Factory plc, a retailer with over 1000 stores nationwide. Printcraft manufactures the groups UK greetings cards, wrap and POS for stores. It is a forward-thinking business with the state of the art equipment operating a large site 24/7, we produce around ¼ billion items per annum.
The business is in an exciting phase of growth and investment to cement our success for the next number of years. It is a great time to join the company while we operate a lithographic print and finishing equipment to supply high quality, volume products.
We are now looking to recruiting a Production Planner.
- Coordinating the production workflow for multiple products within all departments of Printcraft;
- Planning and prioritising the workload for machines to ensure maximum performance and efficiencies are achieved;
- To produce work to lists for each machine in each department, which will be working 24/7;
- To liaise with departmental managers and supervisors to determine the resource required to complete the tasks In hand;
- Monitor all orders to ensure they will be completed on time in full;
- To accurately prepare status and performance reports for analysis;
- To obtain output information from all machinery on a daily basis and review planned vs actual and adjust on a constant basis. Communicate any found issues to direct report;
- To work as a team with internal and external partners to successfully deliver the objective.
- Previous experience of working with numbers and calculation in similar planning roles;
- Good understanding of the manufacturing background
- Excellent understanding of computer technology and the latest software including compiling databases and produce accurate data reports;
- Good level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel and Outlook are essential;
- Ability to learn new software modules within the print environment, Tharstern MIS;
- Take ownership and responsibility with a High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Flexibility in working practices to ensure all deadlines are met;
- Effective time management and a good team player;
- High level of communication skills, must have the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Must have a problem-solving attitude to arrive at a solution to then deliver to other team members.
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package