At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Development Manager to join our friendly team here at our Quarry in Bayston Hill, close to Shrewsbury in Shropshire.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds
Reporting to the Works Manager you as the Project Development Manager will lead, motivate and develop on site team’s working at Bayston Hill Quarry. You will also ensure that the current projects are delivered to the standards specified and that performance is achieved following handover from the engineering team and that the Quarry is developed safely and operated as effectively and efficiently as possible to ensure that the business achieves maximum value from our extensive reserves, in the short and long term.
The Project Development Manager will also work closely with the Bayston Hill Quarry Team to support the delivery of the implementation of the quarry’s growth and development.
As the successful candidate for the role of Project Development Manager; you will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a management role gained within the quarrying industry.
You will be able to lead, develop and inspire colleagues in your wider organisation to cultivate high performing, competent teams. Your ability to deliver excellent performance and influence internal and external stakeholders to deliver positive results will be fully utilised in this role.
As the Project Development Manager, you will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of quarrying and previous 8.1d/c appointment
- IOSH managing safely or higher Qual
- CAD experience would prove highly beneficial but not essential
- Be an effective communicator
- Flexible worker balancing project and BAU
- Work well under pressure and be able to meet project deadlines
- Linking new designs with Business As Usual(BAU)
- Ensuring design are practical and useable
- Safety and Environmental concerns are eliminated through good application of design
- Designs and the application of, meet permits and planning conditions
- Look in detail at the finishing on the plants and lead on snagging
- Sharing and explaining drawings to key stake holders
- Ensure clean and timely transition from Project to BAU
- Support the unit manager in achieving Project and site targets
- Act as 81d if out of hours and on weekends when work dictates
Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/110/2492