At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Projects Manager to join our team in our Tarmac based in Bristol (BS48 3QD)
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As the Projects Manager, you will be responsible for managing the investment budget on behalf of Tarmac in the supply of Infrastructure required to provide the supply of Aggregate and RMX within the identified projects.
Further Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the safety of site staff and contractors delivering the projects within a CDM environment
- Responsibility for financial control of the investments
- Ensuring budget constraints and expectations are achieved, ensuring projects deliver all the objectives set out in the initial justification of the investment
- Managing a project team ensuring resource and competencies are sufficient to achieve the expected outcome over the duration of the programme of projects
- Provide engineering advice and support to the wider deliver teams for problem solving, process design, operational improvements
- Strong project management skills
- Proven record for implementing change within an operational environment
- Contract placement and management
- Sound business / commercial acumen
- Ability to manage complexity and conflicting priorities
- Understanding of construction materials business; including knowledge and application of products and processes
- Highly numerate with good financial understanding
- IT literate
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and CAD designs
- Engineering degree or equivalent desirable
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/2008