Are you a Public Liaison Officer looking for your next permanent role? If this is you then please read on as we may just have the role for you……
Founded in 1968, Griffiths are a sustainable Civil Engineering Contractor that helps connect communities through delivering Road, Rail, Water, and Utilities projects. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality projects in a healthy, safe, and sustainable manner to improve people’s everyday lives.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Public Liaison Officer to join our team in Bristol. We are looking for a colleague who is already within this position; or looking to take the next step in your career. We are open to applications from candidates who live in; or can commute from some of the following areas: Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Portishead, Stroud, Stonehouse, Chippenham, Chepstow, Lydney, Newport, Cardiff, and the surrounding areas.
As part of a global business in CRH and a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC, the career opportunities are limitless. We are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The successful Public Liaison Officer will report directly to the Future Generations Manager where you will work closely with the SHEQ Department and work closely with the scheme project managers.
On a day to day basis, the responsibilities of the Public Liaison Officer will include the following (not exhaustive):
- Developing, implementing and managing community liaison, customer care and communication plans
- Liaising with all key stakeholders including emergency services, local council/councillors and attending stakeholder forums
- Keeping all businesses and stakeholders informed of upcoming works and proposals including traffic management and parking restrictions
- Take a lead in the preparation, recording and distribution of community engagement materials
- Managing, coordinating and responding to customer contacts, enquiries and complaints
- Maintaining records, including a compliments/complaint register
- Working closely with the site and Future Generations team to identify potential issues and risks along with suitable mitigations
- Registering sites with the Considerate Contractor Scheme and managing requirements to achieve excellent scores
- Develop and maintain an effective site visit programme, identifying opportunities to showcase performance internally and externally
- Liaising with schools, colleges and universities to raise the profile of our industry using our Sally Safe Steps and Bridges to School programmes and representing the company at careers fairs
The ideal candidate will be a Public Liaison Officer who is a self-starter and able to manage deadlines, be proficient in Microsoft Office and be a strong team player.
Although not essential, having experience of working on large civil engineering/building infrastructure projects and the construction industry would be beneficial; as would having a CSCS card and knowledge of the regulatory environment in construction or rail.
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package + Company Car Allowance
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/39940/5357