Founded in 1968 Griffiths are one of the leading civil engineering and construction organisations working in Wales, the English border counties, and the West of England.
We pride ourselves in providing the “personal touch” establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships at all levels within client organisations, throughout the supply chain and with stakeholders.
We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry we offer a range of career development opportunities as a Business Unit of Tarmac PLC. We are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm, and collaborative approach to join our team. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
We are currently recruiting for a Public Liaison Officer to join our team on the A361 North Devon Link Road Project located between Barnstaple and South Molton. This important and strategic scheme involves the widening of the existing carriageway into three-lane running while maintaining current traffic flow.
The project is programmed for completion during December 2023. Predominantly this role will be based in Barnstaple however on completion there will be opportunities to join other projects across the business.
We are open to flexible working options, such as part time and job share, and are able to offer flexibility around work hours and location of work, however there will be a need to spend a portion of time at the site.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to Future Generations Team, within the SHEQ Department and working closely with the scheme project managers, your duties will include:
- Developing, implementing and managing community liaison, customer care and communication plans.
- Liaising with all key stakeholders including emergency services, local council/councillors and attending stakeholder forums.
- Keeping all businesses and stakeholders informed of upcoming works and proposals including traffic management and parking restrictions.
- Take a lead in the preparation, recording and distribution of community engagement materials; this will be a full range of communication and engagement media to ensure that the full spectrum of communities are engaged. For example, updating project information boards, managing social media and websites and project information centres.
- Managing, coordinating and responding to customer contacts, enquiries and complaints
- Maintaining records, including a compliments/complaint register.
- Working closely with the site and Future Generations team to identify potential issues and risks along with suitable mitigations
- Registering sites with the Considerate Contractor Scheme and managing requirements to achieve excellent scores.
- Supporting community events and charities.
- Develop and maintain an effective site visit programme, identifying opportunities to showcase performance internally and externally
- Liaising with schools, colleges and universities to raise the profile of our industry using our Sally Safe Steps and Bridges to School programmes and representing the company at careers fairs.
Able to demonstrate their ability to understand, empathise and work closely with a local community with a diverse range of issues relating to the development of a major highway scheme.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Self-starter able to manage deadlines
- Community relation and stakeholder management experience
- Team player with ability to influence and negotiate
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience of working on large civil engineering/building infrastructure projects and/or construction industry
- Experience of communicating and engaging with communities around construction activities
- Member of CIPR and relevant qualification
- CSCS card
- Good knowledge of the regulatory environment in construction/rail/utilities industries
- Living locally is preferred but not essential for the candidate demonstrating the required attributes
Location: Tiverton, Devon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/1348