Salary: £32000 – £41000
Shift hours: Full Time
Registered Nurse, Community Registered Nurse – Adults
Location: preferred branch within region to be agreed on appointment combined with home working option
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week), will consider part time hours
Contract: Permanent/Fixed Term contracts available
Pay: £32,000-£41,000 per annum (equivalent to Agenda for Change band 6/7, depending on experience)
Regions: Eastern Cluster – predominantly working in the Norwich region and extending to Ipswich and Halesworth
About Prestige Nursing & Care
Prestige Nursing Ltd is registered by the CQC and provides high quality domiciliary and nurse led Complex clinical care via 26 local branch offices in England. Its sister company, Elite Care (Scotland) Ltd is registered with the Care Inspectorate and provides a similar service through five branches in Scotland. This post relates to leading and overseeing complex clinical care in the home setting.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated committed Registered Nurse , who is passionate about high quality care, to join our dynamic, friendly team to support nurse-led complex clinical care, predominantly commissioned by CCG’s, to adults in their own homes. You will also provide support to the branch teams and carers based in Norwich/Ipswich and Halesworth branches which will involve intermittent travel to that region in addition to Teams/zoom calls
Predominantly based in the Eastern area you will be the ‘named nurse’ for a specified number of adults receiving complex care in their own homes, delivered by non-registrant carers. As well as planning safe high quality care, a large focus of this role is providing training and undertaking competency assessments. In addition to overseeing complex care packages including risk assessments and planning care, the role encompasses training and teaching to non-registrant professional carers who deliver the hands-on care.
You will provide support to the branch teams and carers based in Norwich/Halesworth and Ipswich which will involve intermittent travel to that region in addition to Teams/zoom calls. You will report to the Clinical Lead for the East and will have the opportunity to contribute to ongoing projects and improvement initiatives relating to clinical care.
During the Covid 19 pandemic, our regional nurses have been home based with access to branch offices where required, to support on-going work in the community setting. Our staff have access to weekly tests and the vaccination programme for all health and social care staff is currently being rolled out at pace.
The role involves:
- Responsibility for planning safe high quality care to clients delivery
- Implementing our high standards of care and re-assessing /evaluating care packages
- Participating in quality improvements through supervision and audit
- Contributing to service development
- Supporting non registrant carers to provide hands-on care; this involves teaching and undertaking competency assessments/ sign-offs.
- Being an active member of the nursing team – developing teaching tools, policy and sharing best practice whenever possible.
- Contributing to company-wide initiatives and improvement projects relating to clinical care provision.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, forward-thinking nurse, ideally with community experience and a teaching qualification or experience, although we will consider those with proven expertise and sound clinical skills who are keen to gain community experience. You will have the confidence and competence to oversee a varied case-load, and contribute to the on-going development of nurse-led care provision and support to non-registrant professional carers delivering care.
- Current UK professional NMC registration: RN/RNC/RN:LD with significant (over 2 years) complex needs experience
- Ongoing CPD evidence
- A recognised teaching and assessing qualification, 998 or Learning Through Mentorship
- Knowledge of child and adult safeguarding procedures
- To have had some clinical experience working within a community setting.
- IT knowledge – emails, power-points. Teams/Zoom
- Car owner, driver essential.
Location: Norwich, England