At Salutem, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults and young people.
Lead the performance of a geographical Region, providing support, guidance and direction to a team of directly line-managed Managers and allocated support functions in achieving quality, customer, financial and growth targets. In addition, you will be the central coordination point for the allocation of all non-directly line managed support.
- Operate all services to achieve GOOD or OUTSTANDING ratings with the CQC (or country specific equivalent) utilising internal audits.
- Achieve year on year improvements in service user satisfaction surveys.
- Direct leadership, people management and career development of the Managers within a region.
- Exceed Regional EBITDAR and KPI measures with emphasis on appropriate occupancy, the eradication of agency and direct labour cost controls- including the management of absence.
- Matrix management of Regional support teams and partnership with Divisional support teams.
- Identify and propose the use of capex and resources to drive new revenue and quality improvements- ensuring a robust return on investment on any expenditure.
- Develop effective partnerships with key third party organisations e.g. Local Authorities, NHS, CQC always acting as an ambassador for Salutem Healthcare
- Create a strategic plan for the geographic region, to ensure sustained growth and re-purposing of services where they may not be fit for purpose.
- Where a service may not be fit for purpose or have quality issues- ensure that a robust service improvement plan is implemented, using support functions as required.
- Ensure the highest standards of care, customer service, hospitality and support are always delivered and evidenced.
- Undertake required level of monitoring of performance against all key performance criteria, with emphasis on compliance with all legal and regulatory standards, ensuring that monitoring is recorded on C360 and other systems as required.
- Identify and project-manage with support functions, opportunities for business development, including re-developments, new services, and partnership working with commissioners.
- Represent the company, and its interests with a wide range of external contacts.
- Ensure that the service action plans are embedded and driven to accomplishment. Support managers and liaise with the Support teams, facilitate and co-ordinate Quality Improvement. As Regional Director you will own the service improvement plans
- Deliver service improvement via the effective management of complaints, compliments and feedback, ensuring that lessons are learnt and shared
- Input to budgets, objectives and targets for each Manager and their Home, including new services and growth, ensuring occupancy targets are met and exceeded. Manage and optimise the commercial performance of homes to ensure budgets/targets are met or exceeded, closely managing any debt levels within them and that costs are managed in line with budget and identify opportunity for efficiencies.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop effective commercial partnerships with key third party organisations e.g. Local Authorities, NHS etc. ensuring that forecasting occupancy targets are met and admissions are planned in line with budget and admission process is followed robustly using Salesforce and other internal systems.
- Actively work with managers to eradicate agency usage and ensure that our own staff are supporting the people we support.
- Ensure the effective management of -labour (including active management of the recruitment process, staff shortfalls and overstaffing reductions where necessary) and non-labour costs in homes in line with KPI and Budgets
- Ensure that homes are fully compliant with all company financial operating instructions, policies and procedures.
- Remove any barriers and ensure Managers have ready access to, and support from, internal and external support services to achieve maximum performance against key goals and objectives. You are also responsible for ensuring Managers update and use the internal systems effectively and appropriately.
- Coach and mentor Managers to support their professional and personal development and actively manage a talent pipeline to maintain management and leadership strength across Salutem Healthcare
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to staff retention and development, with effective reward & recognition and learning & development programmes in all homes.
- Good leadership, at all levels of the organisation, shapes its culture into one where people who use the services and the quality of care come first. You will be expected to regularly visit your services within the region and attend meetings nationally to ensure the effective operation and leadership of your region.
- In extreme circumstances and where no other solution is readily available, become the registered manager for a location to reduce the risk of any regulatory action.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.