Salary: £32000 – £41000
Shift hours: Part Time
Regional Paediatric Nurse: Home working & Community Setting
£32,000-£41,000 pa (equivalent to Agenda for Change band 6/7, depending on experience)
Hours: Part time (21 hours per week) but would consider full time hours
Contract: Fixed Term contracts available
Location: Predominantly Liverpool region with minimal oversight/support in Blackpool
We want to make life better for more people. If you are as passionate about quality as we are and you want a role where your skills will make a real difference, this is a great opportunity to grow and develop. We are an exciting business that puts people front and centre of everything we do.
Prestige Nursing & Care, part of the Sodexo Group, has provided home care for over 75 years and we have 35 local offices in England and Scotland. Our aim is to lead the care industry by providing high quality, personalised and specialist services to our clients.
We offer complex clinical nursing care, led by an experienced registered nurse, to clients in their own homes from babies to children and adults of all ages
About the role
Predominantly based in the Liverpool area, you will be the ‘named nurse’ for a specified number of children/young people. You will also work closely with the clinical team based in Blackpool. This involves providing intermittent cover, oversight and support to a small number of children in that region.
You will report to the Clinical Lead for the North and will be further supported by the Paediatric and Children’s safeguarding Lead. During the Covid 19 pandemic, our regional nurses have been home based with access to branch office where required, to support on-going work in the community setting.
Our staff have access to weekly tests and the vaccination programme for all health and social care staff is currently being rolled out at pace.
Reporting to Clinical Lead for the North Region your role will include:
- Responsibility for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of complex clinical care packages
- Implementing our high standards of care
- Participating in quality improvements through supervision and audit
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
- Supporting non registrant carers to provide hands-on care; this involves teaching and undertaking competency assessments/ sign-offs.
- Being an active member of the nursing team – developing teaching tools, policy and sharing best practice whenever possible.
- Contributing to company-wide initiatives and improvement projects relating to clinical care provision.
We are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic forward-thinking children’s nurse, ideally with community experience and a teaching qualification or experience, although we will consider those with proven expertise and sound clinical skills in paediatrics who are keen to gain community experience. You will have the confidence and competence to oversee a varied case-load, and contribute to the on-going development of nurse-led care provision and support to non-registrant professional carers delivering care.
- Current UK professional NMC registration: RNC/RSCN/RN:LD with significant ( over 2 years) paediatric complex needs experience
- Ongoing CPD evidence
- A recognised teaching and assessing qualification, 998 or Learning Through Mentorship
- Knowledge of child and adult safeguarding procedures
- To have had some clinical experience working within a community setting.
- Car owner, driver essential.
Location: Liverpool, England