Job Title: Children's Home Registered Manager
Company: The Cambian Group
Location: Cardington, Bedfordshire
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 plus £5,000 welcome bonus (dependant on registration)
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children and young people? Cambian Group is seeking a dedicated and experienced Children's Home Registered Manager to join our team in Bedfordshire.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Relevant experience in a managerial role within a children's residential setting
- NVQ 4 in Caring for Children & Young People (actual or in progress) or equivalent
- 2 years working with children within the past 5 years plus 1 year at Senior Level in residential care.
- Knowledge of National Minimum Standards
- Childcare legislation including child protection
- Awareness of equal opportunities and ADP
- Ability to plan, organise, divert and allocate resources effectively
- Ability to manage individuals and groups of people effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in partnership with colleagues, SSD & others
- Ability to motivate & support staff.
- Understanding the needs of BESD Children including managing challenging behaviour
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and best practices in children's residential care
- Commitment to providing a safe and nurturing environment for children and young people
To meet the needs of children through:
- Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
- Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
- Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care in line with National Minimum Standards and the Home’s Statement of Purpose and developing quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained.
- Developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive.
- Taking responsibility for progressing any complaints or child protection concerns
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
- Attending and contributing to child care planning and review meetings as appropriate
To develop a confident and competent staff team through:
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Developing a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer staff the opportunity to contribute to decision making.
- Ensuring that all new staff receive a proper induction to the Home in line with company policy.
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a supervision contract and receives supervision in line with National Minimum Standards
- Ensuring that each member of staff has a personal development plan through the Staff Appraisal Programme.
- Establishing a programme of senior staff and team meetings to facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development.
- Attending to issues of staff motivation and morale
- Addressing issues in relation to conduct and competence of staff.
- Ensuring adherence to company policy in relation to probationary periods.
- Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities.
To develop systems which ensure the effective allocation of resources through:
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home
- Ensuring that budgets are managed effectively and the use of finances is properly monitored.
- Ensuring that company vehicles are clean and regularly maintained
- Monitoring closely the fabric of the building (including fixtures, amenities and grounds) and taking remedial action where necessary.
To promote the efficient and effective operation of the Home through:
- Developing in consultation with young people and staff routines in relation to all aspects of child care.
- Clarifying expectations in relation to maintaining the Home in a clean
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 per annum
Location: Sandy, SG19 1HU