Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
Relief Catering Manager – Rochdale
Up to £32,000 per annum. Full UK driving license and own vehicle required.
40 hours per week, 5 days over 7, predominantly Monday – Friday but support on evening/night shifts may be required on occasion.
Benefits include – Free meal on shift, Free Car Parking
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Relief Catering Manager to join our team covering 3 sites in a 10 mile radius.
As the Relief Catering Manager, you will enjoy getting the best out of people, you draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team. You will be providing a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
The Relief Catering Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of a full catering services, food safety, health & safety along with driving our Net Zero strategy.
As the Relief Catering Manager you will required to ensure that your location achieves the financial targets agreed with the client in line with your site budget. You will also be required to monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
You will be holding team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets and achievements. Making sure we are meeting the standards required by the client. As a team you will ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and that their food service and value expectations are consistently exceeded. Making sure all Food Safety, Health and Safety and Risk Assessments are conducted to ensure that all standards and procedures in respect of Food, Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained.
Your Key Responsibilities are:
- Provide guidance and take a strategic approach to organising and managing the business through the team that report to you.
- Communicate, motivate and guide effectively your management team and catering staff on a daily basis. Set clear operational responsibilities for your management team and monitor their performance against their individual areas of responsibility.
- To take overall responsibility for both food and health and safety procedures in the catering department.
- Action plans are completed following Staff satisfaction surveys.
- To operate to the agreed budget monitor trends and be able to identify corrective action if necessary.
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Experience in a similar role
- Chef background is desirable
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle is ideal due to location
- Using entrepreneurial skills to create a thriving and successful working environment.
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of report writing and financial management
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems.
- Be able to demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to display a real passion for food and customer service
- Be financially and commercially astute.
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
As part of Compass you’ll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/1503/99873001/52533742/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.