Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 Depending on Experience
Shift hours: Full Time
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an established Relief Head Chef to join our team.
As a relief head chef, you will provide relief cover and additional support across the sites as directed. You will produce and develop the food offer and services in the staff restaurants, cafe and hospitality – through commercial initiatives, innovation and team development.
While ensuring the prompt and efficient preparation and service in all food areas to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction.
We are looking for someone who can work and help lead a team with passion and enthusiasm.
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications
Please see full job description attached
- To cover head chef responsibilities at various sites across the Cambridge campus, Luton and London sites as required
- Assist on functions or busy periods at any of the sites as required
- Ensure prompt preparation and presentation of all meals service at the required time, being provided to the standard laid down in the Service Level Agreement, food offer and to the Client’s, Customer’s and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- Implement, maintain and promote the current food offer, Drive and Twelve Pay to drive and any future innovations and systems
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ dietary requirements, following Allergen management, PPDS and any other food guidelines and regulations
- To maximise hospitality, offer and organise any special function as required, some of which may occur outside of normal working hours.
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Ensure that the Company’s accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and that eprophit is completed as per trading calendar. Achieve agreed Sodexo budgets to include profitability, debt management, purchasing disciplines and other specified financial targets
- Maintain levels of stock and cash, if applicable to the agreed establishment targets and ensure accurate stock taking as required to complete weekly trading
- Accountability of costs and expenditure keeping within the budgeted levels agreed between client and Sodexo. Costs such as expenses and cash purchases as agreed with line manager, follow any client expense procedure getting the relevant authorisations prior to agreements.
- Maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Ensure all required risk assessments and due diligence documentation are implemented in regard to food hygiene and safe systems of work, as are required in order to pass any internal or regulatory audits
- Take all necessary steps to ensure maximum security of the kitchens, stores, offices, safes and monies and any other areas under the Sodexo’s control.
- If required to recruit, interview, control and discipline staff according to the needs of the unit and within the procedure laid down by the Company. To maintain an accurate, up-to-date personnel record for all staff as laid down in the Human resources Manuals and Documents available on SodexoNet. To keep records of any disciplinary issues and keep line manager and PeopleCentre informed of these.
- To ensure all new staff are given a thorough induction into their job, the site and the Company. To monitor the performance of staff, carry out performance reviews and provide training and coaching as necessary and as per training matrix, and record on the appropriate documents.
- Engage, motivate and reward our employees to ensure they are satisfied with their working relationships at all levels.
- To have regular contact with line manager and to produce any reports as necessary
- Attend any meetings and calls and ensure daily huddles and weekly team briefing meetings take place and recorded
- To attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary return and/or reports.
- Any other reasonable request from line manager or a member from the leadership team
- Food hygiene Certificate
- Catering experience with chef qualifications or competency
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen and team
- Demonstrable evidence of the required manager behaviours
- Proven experience of successfully managing catering finance and delivering budgets
- Experienced manager with proven experience of leading and developing motivated and engaged teams
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Location: Various Cambridge Campus, Luton & London, England