We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network.
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
About the role
Do you have a passion for supporting disabled children and young people? Are you a FUN, creative and motivated person? Then we hope you will apply to join our team of Relief Play Workers.
CamPlay is part of the Community Support Service, running clubs for Children and Young People aged 6-19 years across the county of Cambridgeshire.
We have Saturday clubs and youth clubs running at weekends and holiday clubs running during the summer, Easter and Christmas school holidays, supporting a wide range of children and young people with a learning and or physical disability. We provide a safe, fun and engaging place where children and young people can play, make friends, get out into their local community and develop lifelong skills in preparation for adulthood.
CamPlay clubs run in Chatteris, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Wisbech, Huntingdon, St Neots, Cambridge and Grafham Water. You can choose which locations to work in.
“I enjoy going to CamPlay in the Holidays. I enjoy the activities and the trip’s and I like to see the staff as they are all really friendly” – young person aged 11.
- Ideally, you’ll have experience of supporting children, young people or adults with a disability however we offer a full induction and training program
- Reliable, motivated and able to work with a child and young person centered approach
- Able to encourage and promote independence, choice and communication
- Understanding of the significance of safeguarding and procedures
What we can offer you..
- Flexible working around your schedule during weekends and school holidays
- Bespoke induction and mentoring program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Regular supervision, support and monthly team meetings
- A friendly, dynamic and supportive team to work within
“I cannot praise CamPlay highly enough, since my son has attended holiday club, he has become ‘Mr Sociable’ a complete transformation from where he was pre-summer. He had the most enjoyable time.” – Parent
We invite applicants aged 17 and over to apply. If you are aged 16 we welcome you to apply for a volunteer position.
We’d love you to give us a call and have a chat about the Play Worker role and our service. We can tell you much more about how wonderful it is to work at CamPlay.
You can call us on 01480 379800 or if you prefer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an ongoing recruitment campaign and interviews will be held regularly.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.