Rent Operations Manager
37 hours per week
The Nottingham City Council (NCC), Housing Services team (the new name for Nottingham City Homes) has been creating homes and communities where people want to live for over a decade. NCC Housing Services will continue NCH’s commitment to creating homes and places where people want to live and providing rewarding careers within the communities that we serve.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, customer focused Rent Operations Manager to join our Rents team on a permanent basis.
These are challenging times for our tenants, and we need your commitment to succeed. Working as part of the rents management team, you will lead and motivate to play a crucial role in rent collection and debt recovery.
- Develop and maintain effective systems to deliver a consistent high-quality rents recovery service for all service users and maximise the collection of rent arrears.
- Lead a team of Rent Account Managers in order to effectively manage the recovery of unpaid rent, including taking legal action where necessary, and to maximise revenue.
- To ensure that Rent Account Managers deliver excellent customer performance through monitoring of telephone standards, productivity output and other quality measures to ensure that resident have the best outcomes available.
- Lead service delivery, developing robust procedures and performance standards for the service. Ensure that customers receive an effective range of appropriate support and assistance in paying their rent, including benefit and debt advice.
- Regularly review best practice and new innovation to ensure that the service area is at the forefront of excellent rent recovery practice.
- Promote a strong rent first culture throughout the organisation in order to maximise income.
The ideal candidate will come to us with a positive and forward-thinking attitude to continuous improvement of your team and their services, you will be experienced in developing teams to achieve and maintain first rate service delivery, in a Value for Money framework. With an excellent approach to customer service, performance management and great people management and communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal, you will bring excellent IT skills, particularly Excel, as well as experience of preparing, monitoring and controlling budgets.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Pay – We are committed to equal pay for work of equal value. Job evaluations, consistent salary levels and clear pay structures are all in place to ensure we provide this.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme – get up to 18% employer contributions!
- Considerate and flexible working arrangements – whenever possible.
- Annual Leave – a generous 25 days for all new starters rising to 32 days after 5 years’ service (continuous local government service will also be considered towards this)
How do I apply?
To find out more and discover how you can help us to make a real difference to peoples’ lives, please click the apply link. You will then be asked to submit a CV and personal statement outlining your suitability for the role.
Closing date: 12 May 2023 – we may close this early if we receive high volumes of applications
Nottingham City Council, Housing Services welcomes applications from all sections of the diverse communities we serve. We are a Disability Confident Employer.
On 1 April 2023, the housing services provided by Nottingham City Homes on behalf of Nottingham City Council, moved back into the direct management of the council. This change will not affect staffing and personnel, but anyone recruited after 1 April will be employed on NCC terms and conditions and pay-scales (we will provide exact rates of pay as soon as we are able to).