Are you an outstanding Junior Doctor looking for new challenges, career development and a competitive salary?
As a Resident Medical Officer / Specialty Doctor, you’ll play an important role providing on call cover and on occasions covering your colleagues on planned leave at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage.
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage is our 82 bedded purpose built hospital with 3 acute wards and 3 secure wards. The hospital aims to provide mental health services to meet the latest national specifications for improving mental health within a therapeutic environment.
With accommodation and meals provided, you’ll be onsite whilst covering on call duties (5pm and 9am and weekend shifts), and you’ll work on a rota of 4 days on / 3 days off.
At other times when you are covering your colleagues planned leave you will work 9 am to 5pm.
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You’ll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits to support you to be happy both in and out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others, every day.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary up to £75,000 (depending on experience)
- Medical indemnity cover
- CPD support and study leave
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Free meals
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
We are looking for someone who is…
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement, the ability to manage risk & know when to ask for help
- At least 6 months of Psychiatric Experience
- Experience in General Practice/ General Medicine
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
Our CESR programme
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level – and you’ll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
You’ll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development – and you’ll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Cygnet has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you.
Click the link to apply.
Job Reference: CYG31989