• Execution and/or review and approval of RTR transactions and reports.
• Preparation and/or review and approval of balance sheet reconciliations.
• Preparation and/or review and submission of local compliance work, including but not limited to statutory accounts and VAT and tax periodic returns.
• Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
• Train and supervise accountants and review their work as required.
• Liaise with key internal stakeholders, including Group Finance and Commercial team, and external stakeholders, including External Audit.
• Ensure compliance with the Group Policies, including operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
• Role may require some travel at times and work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Apply understanding of assigned business processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
• Work closely with the process owners to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
• Proactively seek feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and use this to inform future delivery of services.
function ensuring processes are identified, transferred and improved to ensure a streamlined, efficient team within the overall BBS Finance function.