This is an exciting time to join our high growth organisation in the Social Care sector.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Ledger and Credit Control Manager to join our Finance team. You will be reporting to a passionate and established Group Financial Controller who is looking to take the Team to the next level whilst you strive for excellence together.
Eden Futures provides high-quality, person-centered care, support and enablement for people with disabilities and support needs. We support over 690 people across 160 sites in the midlands and north of England. Private Equity backed, we are on an exciting journey with significant growth plan over the next few years.
Hybrid working: 3 days in the office, 2 days at home
- 33 days of holiday incl bank holidays – increasing with service
- Have your Birthday off – additional day of annual leave
- Free DBS Check
- Health Cash Back and Pension Scheme
- Eligible for £500 bonus through our refer a friend scheme (unlimited referrals)
- Enhanced pay for maternity or paternity leave
- Blue Light Card Discount Scheme
- On-site parking
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities – including access to bespoke Management training.
- Opportunities to develop through Eden’s Aspire programmes such as our Leadership Development Programme
- Act as a business partner and maintain good relationships with the operational division by providing leadership and direction on credit related issues, whilst appreciating the differences between the two divisions.
- Give support to the Group Financial Controller, Operational Heads & Directors with timely and accurate reporting
- Managing a small team in a fast-paced environment with insight to motivate, empower and upskill.
- Set clear credit management and account expectations & monitor adherence to drive and support the team.
- Responsible for understanding and resolving debt related queries at source; supporting your team in the area of complex query resolution with an aim to conclude and put forward recommendations within a timely manner.
- Support the team to maintain client packages to ensure invoicing is accurate & billing information is consistent.
- Oversee the billing process, ensuring accurate billing runs are completed on a timely basis.
- Proactively manage credit balances on the ledgers ensuring repayments where possible
- Undertake regular 1:1 supervision of team members
- Manage projects and identify areas for improvement/streamlining of processes.
- Ensure that the inter-link between credit & operational governance policies and processes is understood, applied and managed throughout the organisation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in managing a credit control / billing team in a £50m turnover, multi-ledger business is essential.
- Clear understanding of the revenue recognition process, including the relationship between sales ledger, credit control, billing and revenue accruals.
- Experience of ongoing process improvement identification and implementation
- A collaborative approach with other areas of the business to help resolve queries and a drive to seek out process improvements where possible.
- Demonstrable experience of our core management values: Brave, Honest, Positive, Professional, Responsive and Caring/Compassionate.
- Highly organised and ability to guide team members with priorities of tasks
About the Company
Eden Futures is about enabling people to live fulfilling lives in whatever circumstances people choose. We support people to be as independent as possible to achieve what they want to with their lives.
Our overall aim as an organisation is to provide a high-quality service that empowers Service Users to lead normal lives, and to be the provider of choice.
We are proud to have the Advanced (Gold) Investors in People (IIP) standard, which put us in the top 2% of organisations internationally that are part of IIP!