We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, these include:
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 28 days annual leave per year, 29 days for senior managers (pro rata, depending on how many hours per week you work), plus bank holidays. An additional 5 days, linked to continuous service, and ability to purchase up to 6 weeks additional leave per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection.
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more.
- Car Lease scheme
- Payment of professional subscription / membership – If your job description requires that you are registered with or are a member of a professional body, WNC will pay for your professional subscription or membership fees.
- Employee Assistance Programme – We have an employee support programme run by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation. Health Assured is available for you and your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A variety of flexible working options to support your work/life balance, including full or part time, term time, 9-day fortnight, etc. (subject to business needs).
- Our West Ways of Working – We want our workforce to thrive, and we equip our employees with the right technology to support hybrid and collaborative working, on or off site, depending on the role.
- Making a difference – If you want to use your skills and experience with an organisation that are genuinely invested in making a difference, are committed to improving people’s lives, and whose success has a direct impact on the wellbeing of your family, friends and people in your local area, then West Northamptonshire Council is the place for you.
About the role
What will you be doing?
You will be supporting and reporting to the School Admissions Managers to ensure that applications from parent/carers are processed within the statutory timeframes stated in the School Admissions Code by effectively leading and supporting staff.
You will have a responsibility to ensure that both the team’s processes, WNC policies and education legislation is adhered to
You will have a responsibility to monitor the workload and interpret and analyse data in order to prepare accurate information, statistics, and reports for School Admissions Managers and the Service Lead for School Admissions & Place Planning.
You will use your knowledge and initiative to provide advice and solutions to any problems / complex issues escalated from the team.
You will work effectively with other service providers and professionals within the Council to ensure the team have a co-ordinated and cohesive approach to service delivery and be able to identify a child who may be at risk, ensuring that safeguarding procedures are followed.
You will have the ability to use your own initiative to organise, prioritise and manage your own workload and that of the team and effectively lead a team to ensure statutory deadlines are met, while establishing good working relationships.
You will have the ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills both orally and written, have experience of dealing with complex situations and have the confidence to challenge.
You will be able to work under pressure and to a high level of accuracy.
Ideally you will have some knowledge of legislation relating to education or experience of working within schools or education settings, but this is not essential.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience, skills and enthusiasm to be a part of a busy School Admissions team, in an organisation invested in making a difference by whilst putting the needs of our families at the heart of your role, we would love to hear from you.
We’re a new council, following one of the largest shake-ups in local government
reform in recent history. As a new authority, we’re embarking on an exciting journey
to deliver exceptional services for our residents, customers and
Our vision at West Northamptonshire Council is ‘to make West Northants a great
place to live, work, visit and thrive’. We truly stand by this and work hard every day to
make this a reality. Our corporate values, THRIVE, stand for: Trust, High Performance,
Respect, Innovate and Empower, they underpin everything we do and how we deliver
At West Northants Council, it’s about our people. People who thrive with
ambition, bubble with new ideas, demand better ways of working, caring about every detail,
and who never shy away from a challenge. Our culture is a gateway for new experiences. A
place to forge new opportunities. To empower you in your career and unite you with like-
When potential is unlocked, talent thrives.
Choose a career that offers you a true sense of achievement, fills you with pride and
challenges you in a positive way, every day.
West Northants Council, where careers thrive.