Salary/Rate: £9.70 – £10.95/hour (up to £17,950 per annum dependant upon experience)
Monday-Friday, Term Time only (39 weeks). Permanent role. Full or part-time working will be considered.
Based at Ingfield Manor School, Billingshurst, RH14 9AX
Ingfield Manor School is a day and weekly boarding school for 60 pupils and students from age 3-19 with neuro-motor impairments such as cerebral palsy. We are one of the UK’s leading Conductive Education providers. Our school is an exciting and rewarding place to work with excellent resources, including a state-of-the-art multi-sensory room. Full clinical supervision, training and CPD opportunities are ongoing.
At Ingfield Manor School, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children.
We are currently recruiting Team Members to join our teams of staff who support groups of around eight students, in all aspects of the learning day. For all posts you should have a related level 3 qualification, or the willingness to acquire it ‘on the job’ and be experienced in working with children or young people.
· Participate actively in creating an appropriately stimulating learning environment for pupils in accordance with the school's ethos.
· Implement group and individual educational programmes for pupils under the direction of the team leader and to be involved in associated planning and preparation.
· Be committed to Conductive Education.
· Contribute to the development of the overall programme for the group of pupils.
· Contribute to writing individual aims for pupils.
· Have responsibility for maintaining all records for specified pupils.
· Be involved in all aspects of the pupil’s day.
· Provide good standards of physical and emotional care.
· The work involves the physical facilitation of pupils/students and the moving of furniture and equipment
Ingfield Manor School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Any successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and educational environments.